Spray wax application

AZpolisher15

Reaction score
I always used spray waxes as a wipe on wipe off product. But occasionally someone will say you have to let them haze. I think I remember Mike Philips (or Stoops?) wrote a how-to years ago and also suggested spraying, spreading with a pad, hazing, and then buffing off. But I'm still a wipe on wipe off guy.

Care to share your thoughts on this one? I'd welcome any new info.

All spray waxes I've ever used were just spray on-wipe off type products. If using a liquid or paste type wax or sealant, it's always good to follow manufacturers cure/haze time for each product before removing.

All spray waxes I've ever used were just spray on-wipe off type products. If using a liquid or paste type wax or sealant, it's always good to follow manufacturers cure/haze time for each product before removing.
Agree:xyxthumbs:

Also depends if ur using a synthetic spray wax or carnuba one.... Synthetics are straight spray and massage in til it flashes and clears away.... Carnaubas need a separate towel to buff with

Yeah I've tried a lot of waxes- both liquid and paste. Never had a problem. I know everyone's time between app and removal varies slightly depending on different things. But I just wondered if hazing with spray waxes was like an unwritten alternative application method. Just tonight on AG I found a couple posts again from guys that let spray wax haze.

Here's the post I was referring to by Mike Phillips:
The secret to applying Ultimate Quik Wax

As explained, it's not exactly "wipe on wipe off".

UQW is spray on, spread out and lightly buff off. No hazing is needed with it.

If I am using a spray wax after a wash and dry then I spray, spread, haze, and then buff. If I am using it as a drying aid then no haze, just spritz and wipe

before the newer technology came along where the majority of spray waxes are spray and wipe, there were some that required you to let them haze. one i can think of specifically was the nxt spray wax from megs years ago...

I'm all about using spray waxes as a drying aid, this way you don't have to worry about buffing, just simply spray on and wipe off, great time management!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I use a transparent spray wax it's quicker to apply rather than using a product that needs hazing time,the whole point of using a spray wax is to give quick results and minimum effort,if you have time for it to haze ,you mine as well traditionally wax it.

before the newer technology came along where the majority of spray waxes are spray and wipe, there were some that required you to let them haze. one i can think of specifically was the nxt spray wax from megs years ago...

That NXT spray was one of the few Meguiar's products I didn't like.

Yeah ,no white stuff spraywax use a clear colored yellow blue red black what ever,the whole point is a quick maintenance booster that should take at least 30 minutes or less.

Back