Questions on my first Klasse All In One / Porter Cable Application

Honais

Reaction score
Hello,

Recently bought a Porter Cable and pads and am going to apply Klasse All In One followed by Klasse Sealant Glaze tomorrow.

This is my first time doing this, and this is my plan:

1.) wash wheels/tires
2.) wash entire car with 2 bucket method
3.) dry car with microfiber towel
4.) apply iron-x (maybe not necessary- but want to)
5.) dry car again with microfiber towel
6.) clay car and use clay lube to lubricate
7.) quick wash with 2 bucket method? (maybe not necessary?)
8.) dry car with microfiber towel
9.) mask off trim, headlights, and logos with automotive tape
10.) apply Klasse AIO with Porter Cable 7424 and green pad (slightly less cutting power than white pad) and wipe off residue with microfiber towel after completing each section.
11.) apply Klasse Sealant Glaze by hand with damp microfiber pad and buff off residue with microfiber towel after each section.

A few questions for all of you with more experience:

1.) Does this process look correct? Anything that you would add or remove??

2.) I have looked at the guide on the site for applying by machine and was wondering, what size section/area would you cover for a nickle sized product application on the pad?

3.) I have 3 pads. Should that be enough? How would you plan to switch them out? Do a third of the car and switch out and throw the used pad in a bucket of cleaner/conditioner? Or clean as you go using each pad more than once after cleaning? Not sure how to plan to use them to protect the paint ant have the best results.

4.) How much time should I allot for this being my fist time? Maybe 6-8 hours?

Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated. This will be my first time using the machine and I want to get this done before it gets colder here in GA and will likely do some paint correction in the spring once it is warmer and I am a little more experienced.

Thanks in advance for any help or feedback! Love the site and it has been so helpful as I have caught the detail bug :) Thanks again.

Back