PDA

View Full Version : Klasse HGSG topped with Collinite 476. When and how can I reseal with Klasse sealant?

DavidAl
11-16-2015, 09:46 PM
I guess what I'm asking is will Klasse sealant bond with the Collinite 476, or do I need to strip the Collinite 476 to once again seal with Klasse sealant?

Thanks.

Souldetailer
11-16-2015, 09:53 PM
I guess what I'm asking is will Klasse sealant bond with the Collinite 476, or do I need to strip the Collinite 476 to once again seal with Klasse sealant?

Thanks.

Why did you do this?

Peace,

Darrin

FUNX650
11-16-2015, 10:21 PM
•When you strip the Collinite #476...
-then (no doubt in mind) the underlying
KHGSG will also be stripped.
-Which, IMO, equals: Lots of work...
Lots of wasted products.

•Why not just wait a little while longer:
-the Collnite #476 will, by then, become
degraded to nearly its vanishing-point.

•That's when a "touch-up" with Klasse AIO,
before an application of KHGSG, will suffice.

•Wait 12-24 hours (for KHGSG's cure-time);
-apply an additional coat of KHGSG, if so desired.

Bob

Souldetailer
11-16-2015, 11:17 PM
I say the 476 outlasts the Klasse and it's a total waste do both.
Forget the Klasse and apply the bullett, 476 all the way. Good luck.

Peace,

Darrin

Desertnate
11-17-2015, 08:40 AM
I say the 476 outlasts the Klasse and it's a total waste do both.
Forget the Klasse and apply the bullett, 476 all the way. Good luck.

Peace,

Darrin

I'd have to agree. I love Klasse and used it for almost 10 years. However, I've found 845 to be a little more durable. 476 is supposedly more durable than 845, so you'd be actually stripping away a more durable LSP to replace it with one slightly less durable.

Now that we're going into winter I'd just follow Bob's advice. Let the 476 run it course and then make the switch once it's worn out.

mwoolfso
11-17-2015, 03:12 PM

Thanks.

In general sealants do not bond with Carnauba wax. I suspect you know this already.

However, 476 is not a pure carunauba wax. It is a carnauba/polymer blend. Expect some bonding but you won't get the full durability of the KSG. That aside, the 476 durability won't be affected when you apply KSG on top so in general while you are doing something unique, you are not doing anything that would give me great concern.

Now should you remove the 476 and go with KSG then you are more traditional in approach. I suspect you will get less durability with a KSG base vs. a 476s base. And 476 is not known for crazy gloss. Going back to this unique approach, if I had to apply 476 and KSG on a vehicle.... 9 / 10 times I'd put 476 on as the base and KSG as the LSP.