Weathertec Cleaning

Ricorocks

SELF BANNED
Reaction score
Just hosed my mats down & scrubbed with CG's Mat Renew. Allowed to try, then used Perl 4:1 applied by applicator sponge, they look better than, when I first got them.

I did see the Weatertec cleaner protector, thought it was a bit pricy.

My best results so far have been meguiars non acidic wheel cleaner then meguiars quick interior cleaner to sorta dress them but very dry and non slippery. I get a lot bearing grease and used 15W/40 oil on mine so they can look real bad before I clean them.

My weathertech mats are black and cleaned up very nicely with both Tuf Shine tire cleaner and Meguiar's APC. But, they have sort of lost that deep back look.

I hesitate to use something like PERL or Hyperdressing because I don't want them to be slick -- don't want the feet to slip.

Any ideas for enriching the color?

Meguiars non-acid All wheel and Tire cleaner works great on them, especially if they're really dirty. I use it on just about all rubber or plastic floor mats and it works great!

I use a non acid wheel and tire cleaner as well and dress with PERL at 1:4 as well. I like to so mats first so they have time to dry by the time they go back in.

Just drove around on my Perl-ed Weathertech, not slippery at all, also it was not allot of Perl, then wiped with MF. Slick is not an issue.

If it had been a closer reach, I might have tried a little M40.

Main point IMO, is a special cleaner/protectant, Weathertec spray(s), seems like a one trick pony (only for weatertech mats), when so many other items, use the same material. Or will one vinyl cleaner work on two different vinyl items?

Jarred767 +1 - the specialized product from the mat co is not necessary.

Back