Paint Inspection Lights

casvg5

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Been a minute since I've gotten on here!

So we finally wore out all of our old Brinkmann lights that we loved to use. The old rechargeable ones, not the new AA swivel ones.

What is everyone using these days? We generally polish with two badass LED lights on stands, but as far as hand held lights, whats new to the market? Its been about two years since I've looked into this, theres gotta be some neat stuff that has come to market sense then.

For now, we have an array of lights that are useful on certain paints and others that prosper on difference paints.

Just hoping theres some new badass lighting on the market for us guys that spend our lives doing FULL paint corrections!

Most are using LED flashlights. Flex and Rupes have their own on this site, but many are just using locally obtained lights with great success. There are a number of threads on this subject so just do a search for LED Flashlights or Swirl Finder Lights.

This is what I use. It worked better on my black truck and blue SUV than the Brinkman did IMO.

Romisen RC-C8 Cree Q5-WC

You can find them for about 20 bucks.

I'm not a pro but the Harbor Freight freebies work for me LOL.

So we finally wore out all of our old Brinkmann lights that we loved to use. The old rechargeable ones, not the new AA swivel ones.

Do they just need a battery or bulb replacement?

They're quite easy to service.

-Zach

Been using the Rupes light and really like it. Really slim so it's not bulky in the pocket

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=94111

I did a review on a coast light that you can buy locally at Wal-Mart for 19.96$

I still use the light till today and it will not disappoint you.

For the price the availability its a winner.

Its nice to know that if any of my inspection lights break, I can run to wal mart and buy a replacement or even return it and get a new one.

I also have a high power coat light (forgot the name hp7 I think)

It varys too 80 lumens 220 lumens and 330 lumens I like using this light when I'm outside on a cloudy day.

All of the coast lights are winners

I purchased the Coast HX5 based upon Joe's recommendation and I agree that it's a great light!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased the Coast HX5 based upon Joe's recommendation and I agree that it's a great light!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great I'm glad I could help !
I liked the light so much when I bought it I was pleasantly surprised and knew I had to post it for my fellow geeks.

batteries died in mine,are they replaceable,where would I find batteries?thanks

batteries died in mine,are they replaceable,where would I find batteries?thanks

In your brinkmann? Yes, you must take the light apart to get to it. Any battery store (batteries plus, interstate battery, etc) will likely have a replacement for it. Mine was about $15

thanks for quick reply,just found it on line interstate battery,$14.39 free shipping,on the way,thanks again

Haven't been able to find the Coast HX5 at any Walmart in my area. Wonder if they stopped carrying it?

Haven't been able to find the Coast HX5 at any Walmart in my area. Wonder if they stopped carrying it?

That's strange. Coast is at every wal mart in the Chicago land area.

Look online you might be able to order and pick up at the store.

If not amazon Carry's the light as well.

Back