Good wheel sealant, and how to wash

AAezra

Reaction score
Need someone me recommendation on a good wheel sealant/wax that's not hard to remove. And what do you use to maintain them clean? Just car wash soap and a wheel brush or can you use a dedicated wheel cleaner and not affect the sealant/wax?

PNS, easy to apply and just use soap and water to maintain.

Ok sorry still new with the acronyms, what's PNS?

G-Technics Wheel Armor ....easily a year's protection from one application. All that's really needed after is car wash soap and light agitation.

Hydro2 works pretty good. I think that's the name. It's a spray sealant that you spray on rinse off. I've tried Collinite 845 on wheels it did nothing for as far as I know. I had good luck with turtle wax ice paste wax

I've used Sonax PNS before with good results, and I know use Optiseal cuz it's just soo darn easy to apply I usually do it once a month.... I clean with a light APC about twice a month

2 coats of CQUK. Wheels cleanup with just a rinseless wash; currently using Wolfgang Uber.

It's not sold here, but Autopia sells it which is a sister site so I think it's within the forum rules to mention it? Polish Angel Supersport, from the reviews I've read it protects great, is real fast & easy to apply. And it's not too expensive considering a 200ml bottle will last a long time. I ordered some myself the other day and can't wait to try it. MODS, if me mentioning Autopia isn't allowed I apologize.

Any wipe on/walk away Spray sealant is great for wheel duty. Apply once a month, super easy.

IMO, the best bargain in wheel sealants is FK1000p. It lasts for at least 3-4 months, longer than any other non-coating product I've tried. All I need to clean wheels is the leftover soap or rinseless I've used on the rest of the car.

Bill

IMO, the best bargain in wheel sealants is FK1000p. It lasts for at least 3-4 months, longer than any other non-coating product I've tried. All I need to clean wheels is the leftover soap or rinseless I've used on the rest of the car.

Bill

Same here--since I started using FK1000 on my wheels (and the rest of the car) my routine maintenance has been very easy.

This isn't exactly what it sounds like you're looking for, but I am currently using Pinnacle Black Label Wheel Coating and I haven't been disappointed. I just use my normal car soap and water to clean my rims.

It's not sold here, but Autopia sells it which is a sister site so I think it's within the forum rules to mention it? Polish Angel Supersport, from the reviews I've read it protects great, is real fast & easy to apply. And it's not too expensive considering a 200ml bottle will last a long time. I ordered some myself the other day and can't wait to try it. MODS, if me mentioning Autopia isn't allowed I apologize.

+1 Awesome stuff!! Just Spray and let it haze and wipe!! Additionally, to me I like any regular sealant such as Menzerna Powerlock (or whatever the new name is) and most recently Poorboys Sealant/Carnauba liquid wax.

Good products that is sold on AutoGeek is PoorBoys wheel sealant and Spray and Rinse cleaner. Just spray the wheel cleaner on the rims let it sit for a few minutes and rinse with water. Dry and apply the PB wheel wax.

Ed

I applied CQuartz UK on my wheels about a year ago. They are still flawless! Brake dust and grime rinse right off. Coatings are the way to go for wheels and roofs!

I just lay down a nice coat of Wolfgang Deep Gloss paint sealant. It will probably last 3-4 months but I never let it stay on that long without a recoat. I recoat about every 8 weeks and really keeps the wheels clean. I can usually clean the brake dust off with a garden hose.

Back