Help for another new guy?

tenx82

Reaction score
Been reading the forums for several days looking for input on keeping my cars looking good. However, I live in an apartment complex and don't typically have access to a water spigot or electrical outlets where my car is parked.

Will be maintaining a black 2016 Volkswagen GTI with black leather (weekender) and a silver 2006 Scion tC with black cloth (DD). Both cars are parked outside.

I'm looking for an easy-to-use and economic solution, not the absolute best.

Here is my shopping list so far:

2 5-Gallon buckets & 2 Grit Guards
Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax
Optimum Car Wash
Nanoskin Speedy Prep Sponge (Fine for GTI, Medium for tC)
Meguiar's DA Power System (with cordless drill)
3D HD Speed AIO
Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax
Meguiar's D101 All Purpose Cleaner
DP Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant

Will use various dilutions of ONRWW and D101 for different purposes. Still looking for a cost effective tire dressing/sealant with a matte or satin finish.

From what I've read here, these should all work well for both cars, and seem to be regular recommendations on the forums for ease of use and price/performance.

Anything I've overlooked?

Any input is much appreciated.

Lots of Microfiber towels, I would go with some 3.5 gal buckets instead of 5 if you plan on filling and carrying them any distance!!!.

Are you going to hand polish them? I see speed but I dont see a polisher or pads.

I already have wash mitts, microfiber towels, terry towels, interior/vent brushes, and wheel brush.

Didn't think about 3.5 gallon buckets. Definitely a good idea since I will be carrying them.

I plan to use the Meguiar's DA Power System for polishing and waxing.

Unless you already have the Meguiar's drill powered system...I suggest purchasing a true DA from HF

Only $20 more

I need the cordless ability of the Meguiar's.

FYI, it's not recommended to use the Meguiars DA Power System with a cordless drill. It needs to be a normal corded drill in order to maintain the constant load pressure required, or else it won't work correctly.

FYI, it's not recommended to use the Meguiars DA Power System with a cordless drill. It needs to be a normal corded drill in order to maintain the constant load pressure required, or else it won't work correctly.

Didn't consider that. Thanks for the info. I guess I will be polishing/waxing by hand for now.

I would recommend Black Fire Trim & Tire protectant. It's an all in one (cleaner, protectant). It's cost effective and has that satin finish you are looking for.

Edit: And maybe consider Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay

Back