Are these paint defects fixable?

I have a 1966 Corvette and had it repainted about a year ago. Overall I am very happy with the paint job but there were a few defects that I was wondering if they are fixable? Could a professional detailer fix these paint defects?

View attachment 40216View attachment 40217View attachment 40218View attachment 40219View attachment 40220View attachment 40221

this forum is baffling. detailing and related are so visual dependent. yet, the forum limits the size of attachments to something that almost always makes it impossible to see what's going on. so much so that many members despise other members for using the built-in attachment protocol. and to get points across, often users have to oursource the image hosting. so annoying and pointless. right in line with the edit time limit. i have been an admin on one of the largest automotive forums on the internet, as well as "staff" on smaller ones and never has unlimited edit time been a problem, in fact, it makes for a much smoother overall experience.

ANYWAY, now that i got that rant out (again), OP, it's hard to tell from those small pics. a lot of times nibs and such can be leveled and knocked down through a variety of tactics but it depends on a lot of factors and you have the risk of not having enough clear on top of the defect to effectively level to the point of the surrounding clear, thus, yielding a burn through on top of the defect. it just depends. many times you can improve things but there is always the risk.

Thanks for your reply. I'll work on getting some better pics and outsourcing them. They are definitely not large defects. Just very small bubble/zit looking things. There are also a few spots where dirt/dust particles flew into the wet clear.

None of which are really a big deal. Just wondering if it is possible to fix them and what is involved with the process.

looks like improper prep work or something... may or may not be able to be fixed. Just depends!

:iagree:
this forum is baffling. detailing and related are so visual dependent. yet, the forum limits the size of attachments to something that almost always makes it impossible to see what's going on. so much so that many members despise other members for using the built-in attachment protocol. and to get points across, often users have to oursource the image hosting. so annoying and pointless. right in line with the edit time limit. i have been an admin on one of the largest automotive forums on the internet, as well as "staff" on smaller ones and never has unlimited edit time been a problem, in fact, it makes for a much smoother overall experience.:iagree:

ANYWAY, now that i got that rant out (again), OP, it's hard to tell from those small pics. a lot of times nibs and such can be leveled and knocked down through a variety of tactics but it depends on a lot of factors and you have the risk of not having enough clear on top of the defect to effectively level to the point of the surrounding clear, thus, yielding a burn through on top of the defect. it just depends. many times you can improve things but there is always the risk.

I was thinking dirt nibs from the first pic. Couldn't tell much from the others. Since it is a fresh repaint, did you go base/clear urethane or is this lacquer?

I was thinking dirt nibs from the first pic. Couldn't tell much from the others. Since it is a fresh repaint, did you go base/clear urethane or is this lacquer?

Yeah they are dirt nibs I think.

Urethane.

Is that fiberglass? Looks like "pin holes" to me. Improper prep and blocking.

this forum is baffling. detailing and related are so visual dependent. yet, the forum limits the size of attachments to something that almost always makes it impossible to see what's going on. so much so that many members despise other members for using the built-in attachment protocol. and to get points across, often users have to oursource the image hosting. so annoying and pointless. right in line with the edit time limit. i have been an admin on one of the largest automotive forums on the internet, as well as "staff" on smaller ones and never has unlimited edit time been a problem, in fact, it makes for a much smoother overall experience.

:iagree::props:

To the OP... are they raised up, or is it a little crater? Can't tell from the photos. Raised up, the above post is right on point. If it's a crater, could be solvent pop. Don't see that getting to the point where it'd disappear either. Sorry.

As far as outsourcing, DO NOT DO THAT.

Autogeek allows us to host as many photos as we want in our personal gallery. You can assign as many galleries as you want, and make them private or public, all up to you.

You NEVER have to worry about the photos not showing up in your post(s) either. :dblthumb2:

The ONE THING you need to do first though is resize your photos to 800 x 600 (for obvious reasons when displaying). Plus... the forum software will not accept full sized resolution (such as 4128 x 2322) for instance.

Windows will allow you to do batch resizing in Picture Manager, and even Windows Live Photo Gallery will resize them also. You can to them one at a time, or check the check box and do a batch.

Just make sure to move (better yet copy) the photos you are resizing to a DEDICATED folder so you don't end up losing your original files. ;)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...d-photo-into-your-autogeek-photo-gallery.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...age-your-photo-gallery-into-your-message.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...30-how-upload-photos-autogeek-proper-way.html

Sloppy prep work. Its hard to tell if those are craters or nibs. Either way they can be nearly impossible to completely get rid of.

Yes it's fiberglass.

Some are craters and some are nibs.

-Was there a warranty for this paint job?
-Have you ever approached the painter
about rectifying the paint blemishes?

Bob

Back