Cool microbeading "matte" effect in the morning

austinz

Reaction score
I walked outside yesterday morning and the kids and I noticed a really cool "matte" look/effect caused by microbeading of the morning dew on the red and black cars I had treated with Hyrdo2. It was especially noticeable on the red car. I got a pic with my phone I'll have to upload, but here is what the beading looked like up close on one of the silver cars:

Here's what it looked like - I included a "before" shot from a couple days before sitting in the same spot. See how the car has a "matte" look in the dew pic? The car was almost glowing - it was a cool effect. The kids were oohing and aahing - it was funny.

I have marveled over beading before but I had never seen such a fine coating of it over the entire car. To top it off, I had done a few of the neighbor's cars this past weekend, and two were sitting in their driveway with the same glowing matte look (Mercedes GLX and GL, both black). It was cool.

That's pretty cool, I've put Hydro2 on a lot of cars, but never had the pleasure of seeing that before. When I read your first post I thought maybe you were exaggerating or something, but that picture of the red car is pretty awesome, and definitely looks matte :xyxthumbs:

Back