Washing in the rain!

Souldetailer

Reaction score
Ya know, at first I was going to ask, have you washed in rain?
But then I thought about it and hell yeah, I'm gonna wash when it's coming down in buckets. Supposed to get a downpour here in an hour or so. Lacey is dirty from the brine solution they lay down here in NC before the onset of slippery conditions. She needs some loving, and she's gonna get it au natural. Gonna be it the upper 60's and the suds will be flowing. Take care.:buffing:

Peace,

Darrin

Washing in the rain is cake. Drying is the tricky part. Im the MAN

Just washed my sister's car on Monday while it was raining. When the sun came out yesterday, dressed the tires and wiped down the jams. Dried virtually spot free thanks to Mother Natures spot free rinse.

I always do so long as the rain stops the next day.

The moisture helps a lot when washing here in the desert. I have a longer working time to wipe off the water sitting on top of the paint before the the water starts evaporating and creating water spots.

Man, it was chilly, no lying. Used Optimum Car Wash diluted in a spray bottle to hit it with some awesome lubricity. Did a quick wash and got my ass back inside. 67 deg doesn't seem as warm as it sounds when you're in a cool rain. Still feel good about giving Lacey a well received a quick clean up, though I don't know how many more, she'll get this winter. Take care.

Peace,

Darrin

67!!!! Haha try 33 degrees, constant 20 mph crosswinds, and snow flurries. That's chilly ❄️��

I don't wash in the rain ... but it seems washing brings on the rain indeed ! I cannot go more than a day after washing before it rains again !

67!!!! Haha try 33 degrees, constant 20 mph crosswinds, and snow flurries. That's chilly ❄️��

Jarred,

You chose you place of residency, we have plenty of room for you here in North Cackalackey. 71 degrees yesterday. Had all the windows down the way and was cranking some Floyd.:dblthumb2:Im the MAN

Peace.

Darrin

I wash in the rain all the time - so long as the roads are expected to be dry the next day before using the car. This includes down to 30 degrees or so. As long as the water will flow from the hose, she gets washed. :xyxthumbs:. Is it fun in those conditions? No, but sometimes the fun takes a back seat to the end result. Luckily the vast majority of the time the sun is out, and rain washing is outnumbered by the sunny days.

P.S. If I do wash in the rain, which is usually at night after work, I will get up earlier the next day and use a bottle of detail spray and MF to dry the car off. That way my time was well spent the night before.

ScottH

Jarred,

You chose you place of residency, we have plenty of room for you here in North Cackalackey. 71 degrees yesterday. Had all the windows down the way and was cranking some Floyd.:dblthumb2:Im the MAN

Peace.

Darrin

greatest response of all time.

Here in Los Angeles I have washed in the rain.

But do you really thing washing once a year is enough? :dunno::cry:

I keep hoping my neighbor would wash her Porsche in her bikini in the rain sometime.

Jarred,

Peace.

Darrin
Your correct, I did and I love it :xyxthumbs: Been here almost a year and its awesome (and I haven't even gotten up to go boarding this winter yet) I love the cold/hot/dry high desert climate here in Central Oregon.

Just sayin that 67 is not that chilly. :dblthumb2:

I did a quik waterless wash in the rain the other day.. But I rinsed the vehicle with the hose before starting. I can't imagine washing without the pre rinse though.. Seems like an open invitation for swirls. Am I wrong?

I had a friend growing up who had a detailing contract with the post office vehicles. He only washed them when it rained hard.

I now have a car lot with up to 30 cars at any one time. If it is going to rain hard and for a while, I'm going to wash them all. Customers don't shop too much in the rain. I had to bust out a hose to get the suds off once or twice when the rain slowed down. Big time saver.

I keep hoping my neighbor would wash her Porsche in her bikini in the rain sometime.

Maybe you should suggest that to her :xyxthumbs: If it happens, please take pics of her washing technique :dblthumb2:

Back