PDA

View Full Version : CQuartz DLUX & CarPro Reload

bryanviper
02-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Hello guys,

I'm getting my rims (Vw Austin) polished to remove some of the minor scratches in the clear coat and they will also be putting CarPro Reload on my rims. Now I'm wondering when I get the rims back would there be any issues with me applying CQuartz DLUX over the same surface right away?

From what I was reading they say it should be in the other order however that wont be the case here.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Matt@Revive
02-04-2016, 05:33 PM
you'd want to do that in reverse. Dlux is a coating, Relaod is a sealant.

bryanviper
02-04-2016, 05:53 PM
I wish I could however the person who is detailing my rims has already done it.

But do you see any issue of me doing it in the other order? I'll probably buy a kit that has both so it would be like this.

Layer 1 - Reload
Layer 2 - DLUX
Layer 3 - Reload

It should still protect and be shiny/glossy correct? Nothing bad about doing it this way?

Thanks

you'd want to do that in reverse. Dlux is a coating, Relaod is a sealant.

dragan75
02-04-2016, 05:55 PM
nop do like mat say....

Sent from my iPhone 6 S using Tapatalk

Matt@Revive
02-04-2016, 06:04 PM
you will just be waisting product. the reload will wear off faster than the Dlux causting the Dlux to come off with it.

at this point just reapply reload as needed (during regular washed), or let the reload wear off and apply Dlux.

bryanviper
02-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Thanks,

Roughly how long do you think the Reload would take to wear off in the summer months?
Or is there an easy way to remove it?

Thanks

you will just be waisting product. the reload will wear off faster than the Dlux causting the Dlux to come off with it.

at this point just reapply reload as needed (during regular washed), or let the reload wear off and apply Dlux.

dragan75
02-04-2016, 06:06 PM
use car pro easer or apc clear

Matt@Revive
02-04-2016, 06:26 PM
Thanks,

Roughly how long do you think the Reload would take to wear off in the summer months?
Or is there an easy way to remove it?

Thanks

If it's Reload 2014 it takes some work to get it off, there is a video showing how it holds up. after 6 washes with APC it was still beading water off. Best way is to polish it off, or drive for a a few months and let the heat of the wheels wear it off.

dragan75
02-04-2016, 06:28 PM
is it new formula?its up 6 month. older formula wos 3 or 4 month?

Ebg18t
02-04-2016, 06:31 PM
Use a polish like reflect and a med cut pad to remove the reload then properly apply dLux.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Why not have whoever was gonna apply Reload just apply the Dlux? Then you can Reload as you see fit.

haris300
02-04-2016, 08:27 PM
FWIW: I had C2V3 (similar to Reload) on my Mazda3's wheels. I removed it by polishing by hand with M205. I then wiped them down with Eraser and coated them.