Interesting (to me anyway): 5 year coating update

richy

Reaction score
I coated this car 5 years ago come April. It is the card that is pictured on my business card. I received this feedback from him a week ago out of the blue. I was very happy to hear it and thought that I'd share. Below is the link to the original job that I posted here on AG. Here's what he said:

Hey Rich. How goes it ? Gtr is still looking great. Still looks better than the day I bought it. Cheers !!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/34719-2009-gt-r-heavy-pics-some-new-products-4.html

Really appreciate this update. I have been wondering (and worrying) about what happens to coatings at the end of their term of coverage. You would think that if maintained then the coverage should be fine. This is good news. Could change everything.

Really appreciate this update. I have been wondering (and worrying) about what happens to coatings at the end of their term of coverage. You would think that if maintained then the coverage should be fine. This is good news. Could change everything.
Thanks. Now don't forget that this is a garage queen. Results on a car that sits outside 24/7 or even one that is garaged but driven in all 4 seasons would have an impact on durability. Nonetheless, I think it's a good real world lesson on how long coatings are capable of lasting given the right conditions.

Great to hear, richy. I remember this car!
Thanks Chris. This was the first of many that I Opti-Coated (the then Pro and only version).:xyxthumbs:

Good to know!
Thanks.

Very cool.
Thanks Don.

Appreciate the long term update Rich!
My pleasure; I knew there would be interest in this update.

Thanks for sharing!
You're very welcome. Thanks for commenting!

The original thread on this car is one of my favorite of all time! That car turned out incredible.

Back