Meg's Hyper-Dressing or Stoner Trim Shine ???

caudleej

Reaction score
Ive been using Stoner Trim Shine on my vehicles and customers for quite some time. Engines, wheel wheels, mud flaps, etc. I use Meg's Ultimate Black on trim and mirrors. I seems to last really well and gives a factory look without the EXTREME shine other products like armor all leave behind. My question is I like that the Stoner's product seems to last longer and after a wash and cleaning it still looks really good and all I have to do is maybe touch up a spot or to. The problem is at 5.99 a can if I do an entire full size truck engine and all that's almost one can. Would I be better off using Meg's Hyper-Dressing because I can by it by the gallon? My only concern is that it will wash off after the first contact with water and cleaning because its water-based.

Thanks for the input.

Hyper dressing will last through maybe a wash or 2 at best on trim and a little better on tires in my experience.

I also have been using Stoners trim shine forever. Much cheaper if you buy it by the case.

Ive been using Stoner Trim Shine on my vehicles and customers for quite some time. Engines, wheel wheels, mud flaps, etc. I use Meg's Ultimate Black on trim and mirrors. I seems to last really well and gives a factory look without the EXTREME shine other products like armor all leave behind. My question is I like that the Stoner's product seems to last longer and after a wash and cleaning it still looks really good and all I have to do is maybe touch up a spot or to. The problem is at 5.99 a can if I do an entire full size truck engine and all that's almost one can. Would I be better off using Meg's Hyper-Dressing because I can by it by the gallon? My only concern is that it will wash off after the first contact with water and cleaning because its water-based.

Thanks for the input.
Hyper dressing is good and adjustable and cheap.

if you're doing multiple cars then hyper dressing would be a better option. personally, i like PERL better and it can be diluted as well...

I just detailed a customers vehicle with the hyper dressing and for the life of me, can't see how it's Better than stoner trim shine. I used stoner trim shine starting out but bought hyper dressing to save a few bucks and I am just not seeing the quality that I use to with stoner trim shine. For now, I will use up the hyper dressing and go back to stoner. Maybe I am applying the hyper dressing wrong but who knows...

Hyper dressing will last through maybe a wash or 2 at best on trim and a little better on tires in my experience.
That doesn't make any sense. Tires would be the first thing to lose any shine/protection.Im the MAN

I would say go with Hyperdressing as it can be used on engine, wheel wells, and tires. You can't beat it for the price.

I use both Hyper Dressing and Megs D4510 [which is similar to Stoners Trim Shine]

IMO they're both different enough to earn a spot in my bag.. i.e. I use Hyper Dressing on the tires, but use D4510 on the wheel well guards.

View attachment 41153

View attachment 41154

Also, if I ever run into black honeycomb grills, the aerosol is way more convenient than Hyper Dressing could be.. Wheel wells? Even @ 1:1 Hyper Dressing beats using an aerosol.. If cleaning engines is what you do then you really oughta have Hyper Dressing in your toolbag.
At the end of the day I wouldn't want to be without either, but if you had Hyper Dressing you might find yourself saving the aerosol for those times when you really need it.

My question is
I like that the Stoner's product seems to last
longer and after a wash and cleaning it still
looks really good and all I have to do is maybe
touch up a spot or to.

The problem is at 5.99 a can

Would I be better off using Meg's Hyper-Dressing
because I can by it by the gallon?
It's often difficult to tell someone to change-up a
product, for which they have nothing but high praise,
just in order to save a few coins.

In this case, though, changing to Meguiar's Hyper
Dressing—with its comparable end results, cost
savings, and versatility—is more than justifiable.

JMO.

Bob

What dilution are you using Hyperdressing at? If you are dilution a lot (say 1:4), try a more concentrated application and see if you like it better.

I don't use HD on tires, I prefer to use Opti-Bond non diluted. But for interior use I think HD is pretty fantastic. I use it at 1:4 since I am usually looking for a natural look. I don't know if Stoner's would give a better result, but I am very satisfied with HD.

For tires and wheel wells I would likely go undiluted or 1:1 dilution. Would still be much less expensive than 5$ per small can you are paying for Stoners.

I use HD 1:4 on my wells. A gallon will last long. At this dilution it is also great on engines. I never messed with it on tires. About ready to order another gallon for spring/summer.

Thanks guys. I will definitely keep the stoners around for those situations that need it but I'm going to get some hyper-dressing and all season and do some testing on my personal vehicles and decide what I like best.

I have a problem with the finish of HD. It doesn't dry smoothly, it leaves kind of a blotchy here and there look. I use microfiber towels so I wonder if that is the issue...

Stoner's Trim Shine is a god send when dealing with the honeycomb grills on my wife's G8!

It is a fairly durable product at a very reasonable price,and it looks good also.

I have a problem with the finish of HD. It doesn't dry smoothly, it leaves kind of a blotchy here and there look. I use microfiber towels so I wonder if that is the issue...

What surface are you applying it to?

I apply it to the dash and doors etc. The trim is fine but the dash, doors, exterior trim like bumper or side skirts and exterior side mirrors seem to dry out uneven...

Another vote for Hyperdressing here.....engines, tires,exterior trim, ect... I use it on interiors at about 8:1 as well. I use All-Season (D160) for wheel wells and mud flaps / splash guards. I tried the non-silicone dressing too, but just didn't like as much. Still keep it for working on cars in local body shops though....

Mike

Back