Is this a good plan?

Flyphish

Reaction score
Hi everyone..wanted to get everyone's opinion on this as I
have been doing a lot of reading. Im on information overload at this point LOL. I have a 2 year old red SUV with minor swirls. I will be getting a new blue truck in the next month and am expecting it to have some dealer-inflicted swirls as well. So Im trying to put together a plan that will cover both vehicles. Current plan is:

Clay using Nanoskin fine sponge
Menzerna PF 2500 Orange Flat Pad
Menzerna SF-3500 White Flat Pad
Menzerna PL or Meguiars #21 2.0 Black/Blue Flat Pad
Collinite 845

I don't have any of these products and I don't want to get the wrong stuff. Any help is appreciated.

That sounds like a fine plan. When you say "Meguiar's 2.0" do you mean NXT? I think I'd stick with the Power Lock but NXT does smell great.

Thanks for the help... I was thinking the #21 Synthetic 2.0 but more than likely stick with the Power Lock.

Is the general feeling still that compared to 101/105 Menzerna dusts less? Wondering if I should get the 400 instead of the 2500.

I'm sure someone will give you a good head-to-head on that; where are you in NJ?

I have not used my Megs 105 since i got FG400. TYpical of Menzerna it does not dust nearly as much as 105. Finishes much better too.

Skip the 3500 and go with either the Powerlock, or the 845. Doing both is overkill. And get the medium grade nanoskin. You're polishing anyway so no need to worry about clay marring, you'll get the job done faster.

Skip the 3500 and go with either the Powerlock, or the 845. Doing both is overkill. And get the medium grade nanoskin. You're polishing anyway so no need to worry about clay marring, you'll get the job done faster.

So go from 2500>>PL ? What about if I step up to 400? Would it be 400>>2500>>PL ?

I have not used my Megs 105 since i got FG400. TYpical of Menzerna it does not dust nearly as much as 105. Finishes much better too.

Great thanks!
I'm sure someone will give you a good head-to-head on that; where are you in NJ?

About 20 minutes from Atlantic City

FG400 finishes down so nice for me i follow it with 4000. I certainly think 2500 after 400 would work fine.

We seem to have a lot of members down that way; I'm more like north Jersey.

Well I won't hold that against you! J/K :laughing::laughing:

Been raining the last few days so I haven't been able to get any pics. Have any of you guys tried the HD products? The Adapt and Polish sound pretty interesting.

Back