2014 Nissan 370 Z Griots G21 HD Adapt 7 HD Poxy

custmsprty

Reaction score
My title should read HD Adapt and HD Poxy :doh:

So my neighbor got a barely used dealer demo 2014 370Z in Black Flake a few months ago. He's a great guy and had admired the care I put into my GC. He texted me yesterday and asked if I was interested in detailing his Z and of course I said yes.

My original plan was to use my Rupes Duetto, HD Polish and Poxy.

But after washing it and seeing the real condition of the paint I had my doubts if this would be aggressive enough.

I did a test spot with the Duetto, HD Polish and Rupes green pad and results were mixed, maybe 70% correction. I switched to a Buff and Shine orange pad and got slightly better results but still only about 75%.

So having never used my HD Adapt and having read good things about it on the forum I gave it a try on the B&S orange pad and got about 85%.

So I figured maybe I'll bust out the BOSS!!!! I do love my Duetto because it's so light and easy to maneuver, but the other issue was all the curves on the Z and stalling.

So after a test spot with the G21, B&S Orange Pad and HD Adapt I would say I got about 90-95% correction which is awesome for a one step.

I used my Rupes Mini with a Green Rupes pad with HD Adapt for all the tight areas. The Mini is the Man!! It's a great tool and I highly recommend it.

HD Adapt is awesome stuff. Exceptional working time and great correction ability. It lives up to it's name for sure.

Tires were cleaned with Mothers Wheel Cleaner, Wheel Woolies and finished off with 3D Ultra Protectant.

Interior dressed with my all time favorite Chemical Guys Silk Shine.

Door jams wiped with 3D Waterless wash.

And the results:

Before:

After:

Nice job. Out of curiosity, what type of durability do you see with proxy?

Thanks guys!

Guz as far as durability, their are so many factors that come in to play.

He'll see a long long time, possibly a year. It's garage kept and a 2nd car. And now that it looks so darn gorgeous I bet he'll be less apt to drive it on sketchy weather days down here in Tampa.

I have seen on some of the other vehicles I've done with Speed / Poxy combo six months on non garage kept vehicles.

Based upon the condition of this I knew Speed wasn't the way to go.
HD Polish really didn't give me the results I was looking for.

I can't say enough about the HD line, imho it's the best bang for the buck and the quality is exceptional.

I could have gone to HD Cut but this wasn't to be a 10-12 hour deal.

I knocked this bad boy out thanks to the G21 and HD including washing, drying, polishing, LSP, dressing tires, wiping wheels down and quick interior wipe down in about 5 hours 15 minutes with some short breaks.
And my back is toasted. I'm done.

Beautiful 78 degree day in Tampa.

Nice job. Out of curiosity, what type of durability do you see with proxy?

If I may add my input to this also...

I applied HD Poxy to my car about 5 months ago. Since then I have not re applied Poxy.

Right about two weeks ago was when I started to see the durability really weaken.

I hope this makes sense and helps anyone reading.

Thanks for your time!

Thanks for the input Dan, I think you're right on there.

Thanks. I have some HD Poxy that a member on Autopia sent me and was just curious as I have yet to use it.

Thanks. I have some HD Poxy that a member on Autopia sent me and was just curious as I have yet to use it.

The key thing is a little goes along way. I machine applied that with my Rupes mini and a 4" black pad and I bet I didn't use an 1/2 once on the whole vehicle!

But that's pretty much the whole story and one of the major benefits with the HD line of products, you use very little to accomplish the job.

That 370 looks proper now! I totally agree with you on how good the HD line is. The low price is the icing on the cake.

Interior dressed with my all time favorite Chemical Guys Silk Shine.

What's your favorite quick clean up/wipedown product? I usually switch between Inner Clean & D114. Heard many positive reviews about Silk Shine, might give it a try.

Tires were cleaned with Mothers Wheel Cleaner, Wheel Woolies and finished off with 3D Ultra Protectant.

Have you tried Perl? I am curious about UP.

Back