PDA

View Full Version : Detailed Beauties

Excessive Detail
06-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Here are few pics of some of the cars I've detailed in the last month. I used pinnacles xmt line to remove swirls and followed with WG on all three. The pictures are not that great of quality, but believe me they looked awesome. I didn't get to take pictures of it but I detailed a 43 ft RV, that was the first and last time I ever do that. That thing kicked my @#$%. But it looked good covered in a coat of EX-P.

AG is AWESOME:righton: :cheers: :awesome:

abrcrombe
06-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Wow! Looking good man. You do this for your work right? How long did each car take and also, how long did that RV take? Haha, you must have been glad when you finished that one! Keep up the good work excessive!

justin_murphy
06-23-2006, 07:24 PM
What's your opinion of the XMT line?
Does it compare to anything else?
I'm gonna buy some so let us know.

ScottB
06-23-2006, 08:04 PM
props .... nice look !

Justin I would say that XMT is similar to Poorboys, consider it a slightly updated version.

Excessive Detail
06-23-2006, 08:56 PM
What's your opinion of the XMT line?
Does it compare to anything else?
I'm gonna buy some so let us know.
I like it for light to some moderate swirls, but I personally I don't think it has anything on Poorboys, thats my opinion, don't get me wrong its worked wonders for me, but for the tuff stuff I turn to poorboys.

Kelso
06-23-2006, 09:07 PM
yea how long was the rv? ive had to help on semi's and dump trucks before. that ish is ghey

justin_murphy
06-23-2006, 09:10 PM
ARGHHHHHH!
I don't know what to buy.
PB....XMT...Pinn....?????
I'm on a budget here....I have to use up what I buy before I get anything else.
What's the best bang for the buck?
As you know, I'm using Meg's now.

Excessive Detail
06-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Wow! Looking good man. You do this for your work right? How long did each car take and also, how long did that RV take? Haha, you must have been glad when you finished that one! Keep up the good work excessive!
Yes I do this for my job and my plan is to go big with it, but I'm getting another job to help make a little extra money to expand my detailing business. I really need a truck, cause fitting all my stuff in my four door sedan isn't cutting it, check the pics below, and I just placed a big order at AG, so I'm gonna have even more to fit in, but I until then I got to get by with what I got. The rv took me about 4 hours just to wash and wax it.

Excessive Detail
06-23-2006, 09:19 PM
ARGHHHHHH!
I don't know what to buy.
PB....XMT...Pinn....?????
I'm on a budget here....I have to use up what I buy before I get anything else.
What's the best bang for the buck?
As you know, I'm using Meg's now.

I would say go with the poorboys for the most bangf for the buck, I just purchased 32 oz bottles of ssr 1 and ssr 2.5, it was only like 20 a bottle, xmt only comes in 16 right know I think. Plus PB is proven and you can trust its results. I know how you feel man I just spent the last week trying to figure out what all I was gonna buy from AG and how much I wanted to spend.
Megs works good for me, #83 followed by #9, it just seems to dust a lot.

Excessive Detail
06-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Just found some more pics of cars I've done. I used xmt on the TL and Poorboys on the Benz.

Reddwarf
06-23-2006, 09:40 PM
On the first set of photos you said you used WG. Did you use the sealant, the wax or both? I've got natty blue wax and I'm trying to decide which sealant to buy. PB is the cheapest, but WG sounds good.

Great looking job on the cars! Like eveyone else, I can't imagine doing an RV! Oh my! But, hey, I bet it looked great!

Getting a truck is a good idea. Justin has a good looking truck for his biz.

Excessive Detail
06-23-2006, 09:49 PM
On the first set of photos you said you used WG. Did you use the sealant, the wax or both? I've got natty blue wax and I'm trying to decide which sealant to buy. PB is the cheapest, but WG sounds good.

Great looking job on the cars! Like eveyone else, I can't imagine doing an RV! Oh my! But, hey, I bet it looked great!

Getting a truck is a good idea. Justin has a good looking truck for his biz.

I used the WG sealant, they don't make a wax, although I think it would be a great idea if WG made a good carnuba paste. I use nattys, can't beat it for the price, I want to try the natty's blue, but you cant beat WG or Pinnacle in the shine department. Its well worth the price.

justin_murphy
06-23-2006, 10:03 PM
When and how do you decide between XMT and PB?
Just preference?