Time Lapse Video Detailing My 2015 Acura TLX

PreludeVTEC01

Reaction score
Last Friday afternoon I had sometime to get a good detail in after (hopefully) the worst of the winter weather. It needed a little polish due to some water sports that had developed over the last few weeks. Then as always topped with some protection. I had purchased a GoPro about a week ago for my up coming vacation and have really enjoy playing around with it. The time lapse feature has to be my feature thing to use. So anyhow enough with the chatter... I set it up while I detailed my car Friday. I really thought it looked cool and wanted to share. :xyxthumbs:

[video=youtube_share;h9KEorf7lgk"]Time Lapse - 2015 Acura TLX[/video]

Wheels/Tires - Mother's Wheel & Tire Cleaner & Meguiars DUB Wheel Cleaner (With various brushes/mitt)

Foam Gun - Chemical Guys Honey Dew

Wash - Optimum Car Wash

Drying - Master Blaster

Clayed - Nanoskin AutoScrub Fine Grade Wash Mitt & Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate Diluted as Quick Detailer

Using a Porter Cable 7424XP

Polished - P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser

Protection Paint - SON1CWAX Merry Waxmas 2

Protection Glass - Detailer’s Glass Coating

Protection Headlights - Detailer’s Headlight Protectant Spray

Special Thanks to Mike for taking time to help me with the posting of the video!

Very cool.

I love well done time-lapse videos.

:dblthumb2:

I liked it a lot. How many photos per minute?

Exactly what I was wondering.....I'm also curious about file size and battery life when doing a video like this?

I'm guessing it was a photo every 10-15 seconds?

Exactly what I was wondering.....I'm also curious about file size and battery life when doing a video like this?

I'm guessing it was a photo every 10-15 seconds?

Just read the original post closer. He used a GoPro, I believe the time lapse is an editing feature after your video is shot

I do want to get an intervalometer for my Canons so I can shoot time lapse and very long exposures.

Thank you guys!

I had to change the battery once. You get about 3 hours on average per battery when doing a time lapse. I believe a picture was taken every 5 minutes... However I am not 100% sure (Can't remember the exact setting). The GoPro has a bunch of times you can use (seconds up to minutes). I started at about 1pm and ended around 7pm.

Very cool video. I wish I could detail a car in 26 seconds like that :)

how much time did that take (not time lapse, real time)? good job.

Back