Waterless Wash that leaves nothing behind?

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Interested in everyone thoughts and experiences. I am looking for a waterless wash that leaves nothing behind. I have my truck coated with GTechniq CSL and Exo V2 and it seems really picky or should I say shows anything left on it. With as little as the truck gets driven a WW is my go to for cleaning. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Megs d114.

Can be used for clay lube, waterless, rinseless. Even the interior. Can be used to stripping also.

All about dilution ratios

ONR has a wash that doesn't have a wax.

There's another vendor not represented on Autogeek that has a "nothing left behind" waterless but it's RTU, so the d114 is probably the best value.

I just got my d114 and love it. Paint surface looked as clean as a regular 2bw.

Like d156, 114 is one of those Meguiar's product that I will probably always have on hand.

I use Optimum and Love it. Zero left behind but slick as can be. Just ordered some Wolfgang Uber too as I've heard wonderful things about it.

I use Optimum and Love it. Zero left behind but slick as can be. Just ordered some Wolfgang Uber too as I've heard wonderful things about it.

I think ONR leaves Polymers behind---- From the ONR description on AG "The lubricants and substantive polymers in the formula will protect your vehicle from abrasion as it safely cleans all vehicle surfaces. The polymers encapsulate dirt and cause it to drop to the bottom of the bucket. No Rinse Wash & Shine actually cleans the wash water as it cleans your vehicle! And it leaves your vehicle super slick, like it was just waxed!"

I think ONR leaves Polymers behind---- From the ONR description on AG "The lubricants and substantive polymers in the formula will protect your vehicle from abrasion as it safely cleans all vehicle surfaces. The polymers encapsulate dirt and cause it to drop to the bottom of the bucket. No Rinse Wash & Shine actually cleans the wash water as it cleans your vehicle! And it leaves your vehicle super slick, like it was just waxed!"

Perhaps I mis-read or misunderstood. I was thinking they were asking about visual residue as if it's not looking good. ONR for me rinses away just fine, no streaks, haze, etc. and thus why I said that. Gotcha if he's looking for nothing at all. :xyxthumbs:

Thanks for all the info. I will give the D114 a try. Keep the suggestions coming. Has anyone used the new McKee's 37 Waterless? Thoughts on that?

Adam's Waterless Wash leaves nothing behind.

If I recall correctly, Poorboys Spray and Wipe, leaves nothing behind.

Sorry guys but don't believe the marketing. The whole basis behind waterless/low water solutions is that they all leave something behind. It might not be wax and might not make your beading better, but it will leave something.

Take D114, for example. At a very quick glance, it claims to enhance shine - this is an absolute dead give away. if you care to examine the safety data sheet, there is a very surface substantive surfactant present, not to mention a general purpose surfactant/degreaser, the class of which is hardly known as the easiest of materials to rinse, even with a good supply of rinse water. I cannot be totally confident about every product on the market but there is enough info on D114 for me to be almost certain that it will leave a surfactant residue.

(ps. someone mentioned stripping with the product - if you have read my posts on the topic you will know what I am about to say... it hasn't stripped anything, it will just have covered it up with a surfactant film. Sorry to burst that bubble!)

My bubble has burst. Maybe rephrase the question. Which will be the least harsh/stripping on the Exo V2 coating. While also leaving the least behind.

My bubble has burst.
Not mine! :)

Maybe rephrase the question. Which will be the least harsh/stripping on the Exo V2 pcoating. While also leaving the least behind.
It is said that...

•Meguiar's D114...@128-256:1 ratios:
-doesn't leave behind substances
like Waxes, and "gloss enhancers";
-will not "strip" existing LSPs.

Bob

After doing a little research, it appears that 1 ounce of D114 per gallon of water (1:128) is the correct dilution ratio for a WW.

"There are no polymers in D114 that will be left behind on the paint. If you use D114 at a very strong dilution ratio, like 6:1, it will actually strip your wax. But when used as directed, 1 ounce of D114 to two gallons of water as a rinseless wash, it won't leave anything behind. Having said that, we have seen those video reviews where people comment on a boost in gloss after using D114 and quite frankly, it has our chemists a bit stumped. According to them, there is nothing in D114 that should boost gloss, yet many claim to observe just that."

~ Michael Stoops

Back