review my cart. just need help with mf towels

Swirlbuster

Reaction score
ok so here's what i have. Not breaking the bank i don't believe. I've left out maybe a couple things because of cost.

I could maybe splurge for some nice mf towels yet.

I need towels for

drying
polish wiping/ buffing
detail spray.

can someone suggest some specific towels please.

For dying use a waffle weave.
Some less expensive ones sold hear that I've hear good things about are:

Meguiars Water Magnet is a soft waffle weave microfiber drying towel that's softer than terry towels and more absorbent than a chamois. Attracts water

and this

Carrand 45010 Pineapple Drying Towel

The others get pretty pricey. I have an inexpensive waffle weave from somewhere else.

For polish/wax and spray wax, you could go with the Gold Plush Jr's. They are dual nap. The longer nap side might be alright for detail sprays, although some may say to go with something that has a higher gsm like the Supreme Plushes.

Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel, gold detail cloth, buffing towel, microfiber buffing towel, micro fiber

Polishing - The white, blue or yellow edgeless polishing cloths

Quick detail - Gold plush or Supreme 530s. Get the 6 packs, cheaper per towel.

I love the gold plush jrs. They are great at many different things. Very affordable . And i have yet to have a linting issue

I really don't have much more to add other than pick up some microfiber cleaner and make sure you don't toss them in the dryer using high heat.

Mr Swirlbuster,

From up here in the bleachers from my perspective not knowing your current situation regarding microfiber towels it seems fairly obvious you are going to need 'some'. Upon review of your cart selection I can surmise you are planning a full detail from wash on up to seal, and if so then you will need 'alot' of microfiber towels.

I dont think anyone here would seriously suggest you use the same towel for drying, removing polish residue and wax/sealant leveling and since you stated budget restrictions that more or less makes the decision much easier.

Considering the amount of work you have planned ahead for your project I would be inclined to go with 'quantity over quality' so to speak for the time being, that is, whether it be a premium thick pile buffing towel or a lighter general purpose towel either is going to get clogged up with polish residue rendering it useless until it gets washed and dried.

Therefore having plenty on hand allows you to progress with the project, and a quick check shows the 16 pack is on promotion, thereby saving some money. Having a clean OK microfiber on hand is far better than having a soiled premium MF on hand.

The rest of your budget could be allocated toward some higher grade towels, more aligned with Final Polish removal and LSP leveling, as by then the paint system will be in its cleanest state and therefore its most sensitive.

Now as an alternative if you plan to divide up the project workload into smaller more manageable sections then the 'quantity over quality' philosophy doesnt really apply since in between sessions you'll be washing the towels anyway, in that case just divide up the remaining budget and get as many good quality towels as you can squeeze in.

Hint hint: Looks like the Mango Breeze 3 pack is on a 50% off promotion, lol thats a great deal!

Id almost just say get as many mango breeze as you can while the 50% lasts, and if possible squeeze in the Micro-Restore Detergent to keep em in good condition, it also happens to be on promotion but its not absolutely necessary.

However MF towel 'aquisition' turns out to be a particularly personal thing :) There are many options available, it took me a long time to make the final judgment on my MF towel selection and it would have been far easier if there was a 50% off on Mango Breeze at the time lol, just sayin.

note: General consensus is 'you can never have too many mf towels'

Steve

Back