need some tips

ascarbo27

Reaction score
so i use Chemical guys products only and i have been polishing for about 4 months i always can get rid of the light swirls but not the ones that are just a little deeper. i use a orange hex pad with a torq 22d polisher with vss or v36+v38. ive tried the most aggressive combos to the least aggressive, besides the micro fiber pads. im about to just buy a rupes 15 mh ii what ever its called, getting frustrated here. :buffing:

Can you elaborate a little more on your process? How many passes are you making? What about your working area? Are you watching for pad rotation? How much product are you using? there are just so many variables in paint correction that it's hard to just jump up and say what your exact problem could be.

I haven't used any of those products at all, but I've seen people get good results with them. Microfiber pads are outstanding for the cutting step, and that would probably be easier to try than buying a brand new machine.

I hesitated to answer because i have not used Chem Guys compounds or polishes nor an orange hex logic pad however I can't help but think they aren't cutting enough for you. Before suggesting any new products i would suggest taking the most aggressive of those 3 products you have and crush that hex logic orange pad while still allowing it to spin. Slow arm speed back and forth and see what you get.

If you've already done that, my favorite cutting compound is Menzerna FG400 although the point is to get more aggressive with them.

Heisenberg hit on a good idea too and maybe try a MF cutting pad.

Can you elaborate a little more on your process? How many passes are you making? What about your working area? Are you watching for pad rotation? How much product are you using? there are just so many variables in paint correction that it's hard to just jump up and say what your exact problem could be.

I haven't used any of those products at all, but I've seen people get good results with them. Microfiber pads are outstanding for the cutting step, and that would probably be easier to try than buying a brand new machine.
passes: 3-4 work area, i try to do 2x2 sometimes less if its a tight spot, pad is rotating good, i do light pressure with hand, i use 6 pea sized dots and a 6.5 in pad i think the mf will do the trick but i see others with the orange pads killing it with great removal

I hesitated to answer because i have not used Chem Guys compounds or polishes nor an orange hex logic pad however I can't help but think they aren't cutting enough for you. Before suggesting any new products i would suggest taking the most aggressive of those 3 products you have and crush that hex logic orange pad while still allowing it to spin. Slow arm speed back and forth and see what you get.

If you've already done that, my favorite cutting compound is Menzerna FG400 although the point is to get more aggressive with them.

Heisenberg hit on a good idea too and maybe try a MF cutting pad.

im in st pete want to teach me haha

I would play with the polish to see if you can buff till it looks clear or till it looks almost gone. If that happens after 3 passes you need more polish, if it dusts after 3 passes you may have the speed up too high.

yes jeff, it does turn clear but im also doing this outside in the driveway. i will try using more product

hey guys i m from india and i was thinking to open a carwash .. obviously it's a profitable business and in india it will run for sure..problems i'm facing here are is the the products and the equipments.. i have searched on google i think chemical boys products will be awesome but damn they are not available here and the pressure washers i really need some help in that.. a pressure washer with 120-150 bar will be good or 150-200 will be great or a electric washer is good or a gas washer??? for professional use Feed back please

hey guys i m from india and i was thinking to open a carwash .. obviously it's a profitable business and in india it will run for sure..problems i'm facing here are is the the products and the equipments.. i have searched on google i think chemical boys products will be awesome but damn they are not available here and the pressure washers i really need some help in that.. a pressure washer with 120-150 bar will be good or 150-200 will be great or a electric washer is good or a gas washer??? for professional use

yea for sure man, my number is 7274927050 i would love to learn

Back