Hamilton Out

Hamilton doesn't blame his pit crew. An interview on Formula 1.com states:

"McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton insists he is already focusing on the forthcoming title showdown in Brazil, following his retirement from Sunday’s Chinese Grand Prix. Hamilton looked set to wrap up the championship in Shanghai after starting from pole, but failed to finish the race.

Hamilton led the early laps but began struggling for pace as his wet-weather tyres deteriorated on a drying track. After a dice with eventual winner Kimi Raikkonen, he headed for the pits, but then lost control at the pit-entrance and ended up beached in the gravel.

“I was trying to be very careful and as a result was not really fighting aggressively with Kimi,” explained Hamilton. “It would have worked out perfectly, but I then made a mistake coming into the pitlane and that was it. We made the right decision, and it was just unfortunate. I will now focus on attacking in Brazil where I will do everything I can to bounce back.

"When I got out of the car I was obviously gutted for both myself and the team. I haven’t made a mistake all year but I am over it now. There is still one race to go, so I can still do it. I made a strong start to the race and my first stop went well. Prior to entering the pit lane for my last stop I was constantly talking to the team. Although my tyres were in poor condition we took a joint decision to get through the last rain shower before changing to dry tyres.”

Title rivals Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso took full advantage of Hamilton’s misfortune, finishing first and second. With just one race remaining, it means Alonso now trails his team mate in the standings by just four points, 103 to 107, with Raikkonen close behind on 100."

Hamilton has had an amazing first year!

He is not going to air is dirty laundry in public, they should have brought him in 2 laps earlier when he was losing 4secs a lap at the rest.

All Hamilton has to do is finish second or better in Brazil and it won't matter anyways. I bet Ferrari is already lining him up for a position in one of their cars. I hate Ferrari. I loved it when Renault was kicking their butt.

Yes Bud totally agree with you on the Ferrari quote:cheers:
But I don't think RD will let him go that easy especially after the spying episode.

Lewis will win because Kimi has no luck at all and they will take 50 HP out of Alonso's motor. :righton:

Back