PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz UK 2nd Layer?

bryanviper
03-14-2016, 07:44 AM
Hey guys,

So about a month ago I put a layer of Cquartz UK on my Rims & also reload to top it off. Since then my rims have been in storage as the weather is still not good to put on my summer tires.

I was thinking of putting another layer of Cquartz UK on my rims however I wanted to know can I put it on top of reload & will it be ok or should I be removing reload? If so how to I properly remove it without effecting the first layer of Cquartz?

Thanks

GSKR
03-14-2016, 09:37 AM
Just leave it alone there plenty of protection on there if you applied the right way why redo them if you don't have to.

FrankS
03-14-2016, 09:50 AM
Just leave it alone there plenty of protection on there if you applied the right way why redo them if you don't have to.

:iagree:

You can't put CQUK on top of Reload.

One coat of CQUK should give you at least one year of protection.

bryanviper
03-14-2016, 10:22 AM
Well i was looking for a thicker layer of scratch protection on my rims that's why. I also plan on applying the same product on my car paint and will be applying 2 layers.

Thanks

jonn127
03-14-2016, 10:38 AM
From what I understand, if you don't quickly do your 2nd coating of cquartz (within an hour or so), that the Cquartz first coat will do what it is supposed to do and repel the 2nd coating.

bryanviper
03-14-2016, 10:40 AM
Oh I see, I have heard that also but was not sure. If thats the case then I'm out of luck.

From what I understand, if you don't quickly do your 2nd coating of cquartz (within an hour or so), that the Cquartz first coat will do what it is supposed to do and repel the 2nd coating.

Ebg18t
03-14-2016, 12:16 PM
Either do your second layer immediately (i.e. Hour or two) or don't do it. If needed hit your wheels with Reload.