Getting polish out of tiny crevices

spagett

Reaction score
I painted my wheel center caps a couple weeks ago, and today gave them a quick wet sand and hit them with some M105. Even after cleaning with CarPro Eraser, a good amount of polish remains in the tiny space between the face of the cap and the outer ring. It's actually quite the eye sore despite what the photo may fail to convey.

I've tried letting some Eraser dwell in there for a minute or two and tried scraping it out with tiny objects without much success.

So my question is, is there anything I can pour in there to dissolve the polish to the point of just washing out, or close to it, without harming the paint? The top coat is Rustoleum Crystal Clear Enamel and like I said it's about two weeks into curing. I won't be putting the wheels on for 2-3 more weeks so I can let it cure even further.

2u9k7x2.jpg

Mineral Sprits and a tooth brush, but do a test spot.

Lot of work but tape off both sides so as to not mar the paint.Works better on straight areas.

This may sound nasty, but a favorite tool of many high-end detailers are bamboo skewers. Two bucks at your local supermarket buys a lifetime supply.

Bill

Considering what the item is, I would just soak it in warm to hot water for a while then hit it with a detailing brush.

Thanks again everyone.

Had good success with a toothbrush today. First tried some QD with the toothbrush which worked decently, then Eraser and that hit the spot. Got 95% of the dried polish to loosen up and a quick rinse took care of that. :)

Back