Buff and Shine 5.5 Inch White Pad

dakotaRT

Reaction score
Just got my buff and shine foam pads six pack. I ordered 1 green, 2 blue, 1 black, and 2 white.
The problem is that on the website it says the white pad is a "Buff and Shine White Foam Ultra Finishing Pads"
However on the Package of the pad, it says it is a Heavy Polishing Pad. I bought two white thinking they were finishing pads for Paint Sealants and waxes.
Which one is correct? And what should I do?

I've always been under the impression the white B&S pad is a polishing pad. It's what all mine say on them too.

Buff and Shine White Foam Polishing Pad - 5.5 Inch

What you posted above says white foam "polishing" pad too but says in it's description it's a finishing pad for spreading LSP's, very interesting.

Looks like maybe some correcting of descriptions may be in order? Eh?

Good job for pointing this out :dblthumb2:

Just got my buff and shine foam pads six pack. I ordered 1 green, 2 blue, 1 black, and 2 white.
The problem is that on the website it says the white pad is a "Buff and Shine White Foam Ultra Finishing Pads"
However on the Package of the pad, it says it is a Heavy Polishing Pad. I bought two white thinking they were finishing pads for Paint Sealants and waxes.

can you get a pic up of the pad packaging with like the style or model

and you can always call buff and shine 800.659.2833

They have two. One is a euro foam polishing pad, and the other is a high ppi (pores per inch) finishing pad (100 ppi? Not sure).

If you don't want the polishing pads, contact the vendor, and try to correct the situation.

It's weird how only the 5.5" super finishing pad is red, where the 4" & 6" are white. Also, the red is a euro foam, where the white isn't.....

The picture he posted, it says it's a "foam polishing pad" then in the description says it an "ultra finishing pad", these descriptions are counter to each other.

Their softest pad is actually a cream color. So it could be a mistake on the BandS page.

Yeah the white pad is very soft. On the product description on the websites it claims to be a Heavy Polishing Pad but the actual product I believe might not be it. I could be wrong though but the white pad feels quite a bit softer than the other colored pads (even the green one).

591G 5.5" 1" Grip
Pad White Heavy
Polishing Euro
Prepolymer
Foam

i belive you want the black

520G 5.5" 1" Grip
Pad Black Finishing Reticulated
Polyester
Foam

ask the geek for exchange they will work with you im sure

This is what all my B & S White pads say on them, I have about a dozen.

This is what all my B & S White pads say on them, I have about a dozen.

That is what mine says on them. Except in the description it says it is a Finishing pad.
I picked my order up at the Autogeek wharehouse, so I'll give them a call and ask for an exchange. I noticed they were the wrong ones, when I was already home.. :xyxthumbs:
Will keep you guys posted! And pics soon to come from my Dakota RT I'm currently detailing.. :buffing:

AGO Store if you go to Shop By Brand > Buff and Shine Buffing Pads and click on Buff and Shine 5.5 Inch Flat Foam Pads and read description for Buff and Shine White Foam Polishing Pad 5.5 Inch

Buff and Shine White Foam Polishing Pads are heavy polishing pads capable of removing light to medium swirl marks. They are ideal for use on softer paint systems as they will not haze or scour the surface. These pads are designed specifically for use on dual action polishers.

If you click on the Buff and Shine 5.5 inch Flat Foam Pads 6 Pack - YOUR CHOICE! link. You get this description Buff and Shine White Foam Polishing Pad - 5.5 Inch

Buff and Shine White Foam Ultra Finishing Pads are composed of the softest foam available from the Buff and Shine line. These pads are ideal for applying waxes and sealants with a dual action polisher, or for jeweling paint with a rotary buffer.

On Buff and Shine website click on Application Charts you will see 2 types on White pad for US Foam Pads.

Pad 1 is White Foam 45PPI Heavy Cutting
Pad 6 is White Foam 90 PPI Ultra Finshing

This needs addressed on AGO website.

Thank You Dakota I'm glad this thread was started. I've been for a couple weeks going back and forth between the B&S site and PBMG sites trying to figure out myself. There should be an option for the cream. I'm also wanting to order more B&S pads in all three sizes, but I want to make it as simple as possible for myself that all pad colors in all sizes correlate. I would think all B&S flat pads should be the same and available. I bet there is a solution, and this thread will probably lead the way to AG (Paul/Nick)explaining it to us, and hopefully on the website to order.

AGO Store if you go to Shop By Brand > Buff and Shine Buffing Pads and click on Buff and Shine 5.5 Inch Flat Foam Pads and read description for Buff and Shine White Foam Polishing Pad 5.5 Inch

Buff and Shine White Foam Polishing Pads are heavy polishing pads capable of removing light to medium swirl marks. They are ideal for use on softer paint systems as they will not haze or scour the surface. These pads are designed specifically for use on dual action polishers.

If you click on the Buff and Shine 5.5 inch Flat Foam Pads 6 Pack - YOUR CHOICE! link. You get this description Buff and Shine White Foam Polishing Pad - 5.5 Inch

Buff and Shine White Foam Ultra Finishing Pads are composed of the softest foam available from the Buff and Shine line. These pads are ideal for applying waxes and sealants with a dual action polisher, or for jeweling paint with a rotary buffer.

On Buff and Shine website click on Application Charts you will see 2 types on White pad for US Foam Pads.

Pad 1 is White Foam 45PPI Heavy Cutting
Pad 6 is White Foam 90 PPI Ultra Finshing

This needs addressed on AGO website.

If they do have two varieties of the White Pads, then I got the wrong one.
The description in the Autogeek website under the 5.5 inch Six Pack is not correct.

Thank You Dakota I'm glad this thread was started. I've been for a couple weeks going back and forth between the B&S site and PBMG sites trying to figure out myself. There should be an option for the cream. I'm also wanting to order more B&S pads in all three sizes, but I want to make it as simple as possible for myself that all pad colors in all sizes correlate. I would think all B&S flat pads should be the same and available. I bet there is a solution, and this thread will probably lead the way to AG (Paul/Nick)explaining it to us, and hopefully on the website to order.

Yes, the problem is that on the part where they are selling the six pack, the description of the white pad is wrong. It says it is a Finishing pad, even though I was given a Heavy Polishing Pad-
If you order from the six pack, then order the Black Pads as your finishing pad. Sadly, I didn't know that at the time because the description is wrong.

The 5.5" cream colored pad is a jeweling pad with a B&S part number of 529G. The 5.5" white pad is a heavy polishing pad with a B&S part number of 591G. Even B&S confuses the issue as they refer to both pads as white -- but the jeweling pad is more of a cream color. AG does not even list the 529G jeweling pad as a choice on the B&S individual pad page.

Buff and Shine 5.5 Inch Flat Foam Pads

But they have an incorrect description of the white heavy polishing pad on this page--

Buff and Shine 5.5 inch Flat Foam Pads 6 Pack - YOUR CHOICE!

Back