Graphene Coating Attracting Dust Issues?

My car is coated with Gyeon Syncro which is fantastic and this is what it looks like after less than a week after washing. This is what happens to a daily driver that isn’t garage kept and this is completely normal. If this is what he is referring to, it does not, under any circumstances require any more attention from the installer. If the customer was happy when the install was done then case closed.

A couple of weeks a go I speed clayed and coated 2 of my cars with with one of the Flex able Wax graphene sprays. Though not exactly the same as the coatings like yours, I do feel like it attracted dust at least until the first rain or wash.

I am wondering why you didn't just top coat it with Collinite or the like? Buffing it off seems kinda excessive and a lot of extra work.

A couple of weeks a go I speed clayed and coated 2 of my cars with with one of the Flex able Wax graphene sprays. Though not exactly the same as the coatings like yours, I do feel like it attracted dust at least until the first rain or wash.

I am wondering why you didn't just top coat it with Collinite or the like? Buffing it off seems kinda excessive and a lot of extra work.
I feel like topping a ceramic coated car defies the purpose of having it coated in the first place. Still, you would need to allow 2-3 days of curing time before exposing the finish to outside elements.
Buffing the Raptor is a bit extreme, I agree, and I would only do that if he takes me up on my offer that I would get his money back. I haven’t heard back from him since I proposed that offer.
One thing that I guess has been lost in this thread is that, I’ve used this particular product multiple times with zero issues.

I feel like topping a ceramic coated car defies the purpose of having it coated in the first place. Still, you would need to allow 2-3 days of curing time before exposing the finish to outside elements.
Buffing the Raptor is a bit extreme, I agree, and I would only do that if he takes me up on my offer that I would get his money back. I haven’t heard back from him since I proposed that offer.
One thing that I guess has been lost in this thread is that, I’ve used this particular product multiple times with zero issues.
I agree about waxing over ceramic, but my suggestion was to move the customer on with minimal effort. I don't see how wax over ceramic would have less protection than ceramic alone. I've never heard of leaving Collinite inside for 2-3 days. I always thought 24 hrs before water/soap exposure was typical. Anyhow it looks like you did a nice job on a big vehicle. The thought of reworking it sucks. Glad it seems to have worked out.

I agree about waxing over ceramic, but my suggestion was to move the customer on with minimal effort. I don't see how wax over ceramic would have less protection than ceramic alone. I've never heard of leaving Collinite inside for 2-3 days. I always thought 24 hrs before water/soap exposure was typical. Anyhow it looks like you did a nice job on a big vehicle. The thought of reworking it sucks. Glad it seems to have worked out.

Applying a wax over ceramic could very well remove the layer of ceramic and replace it with the wax, for good. [In reality it’d be bad]

From my experience, this would be a huge step backwards. Collinite on a coating buries all the benefits of the coating under a layer of sealant. For starters the sheeting/beading of any decent coating is in another league from what you'd get from Collinite 845. I also found 845 to attract and hold on to pollen and dust in ways I've never seen from a coating.

I used Collinite 845 for many years. It's a great sealant, but it is no where near a coating in many characteristics.

Back