Removing tape residue from vinyl decal?

sqenixs

Reaction score
I bought a vinyl decal from china for a project on my car. The decal was rolled up in a tube and a piece of tape had been applied to keep it tight. Well the tape or adhesive or whatever from the tape absorbed into the vinyl and nothing I have tried will remove it. I have tried water, soapy water, rubbing alcohol, lacquer thinner, etc. I assume it cannot be fixed? It was custom measured and machine cut to fit and cost $100 I don't want to buy another one.

View attachment 77317

I once contacted Xpel customer support to ask them how to remove tape adhesive residue that was stuck to PPF. They recommended a product called Rapid Remover Adhesive Remover. I think you can order it on Amazon. It is designed to remove adhesive residue off of decals, vinyl wraps, and PPF.

One other idea-you may want to try alcohol based hand sanitizer. Place some hand sanitizer on the adhesive residue, let it dwell for 4 or 5 minutes, then rub it off with a microfiber. You might have to reapply 2 or 3 times.

I once contacted Xpel customer support to ask them how to remove tape adhesive residue that was stuck to PPF. They recommended a product called Rapid Remover Adhesive Remover. I think you can order it on Amazon. It is designed to remove adhesive residue off of decals, vinyl wraps, and PPF.

One other idea-you may want to try alcohol based hand sanitizer. Place some hand sanitizer on the adhesive residue, let it dwell for 4 or 5 minutes, then rub it off with a microfiber. You might have to reapply 2 or 3 times.

There is no residue on the decal as far as i can tell. It seems like it is oil or something that has seeped into the material. I actually had an xpel shop install this and they could not remove the marks.

Back