Power Washer Spray Gun Replacement – NEED RECOMMENDATION

Northwoods

Reaction score
Greetings all! My power washer spray gun finally gave out and I need to replace it. I looking for a quality recommended replacement. I use my washer frequently for all sorts of general home, building, toy, vehicle, and shop maintenance. I’m not a commercial user, but I’d say a heavy residential user and definitely use it more for more heavy duty home maintenance type work than vehicle detailing.

My pressure washer is a Simpson model ALH3228-S, 3200 PSI, Gas, cold water washer. I was just using the OEM factory spray gun that came with it and it lasted 4 years. I would like it to have a 3/8” quick connector to attach the water hose to it and also a quick connect on the end of the wand to quickly change out the nozzles.

I was hoping to just get a kit that includes the spray gun, wand, and connections all assembled and ready to go, but would consider buying each separately if necessary. I’ll pay a little more for a quality that will last.

Thank you for any feedback!!

I would consider a MTM SGS28 or Mosmatic spray gun (with swivel). Those are both considered some of the better ones and are popular with detailers.

Yep, MTM SGS28 is pretty good. The swivel does make a huge difference.

I finally broke down 2 years ago and bought an MTM. Best decision I ever made as far as my pressure washer goes. Others would leak or break every year or 2.

I have the MTM SG35. It’s been great. If it breaks i’d probably just get the Mosmatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Mosmatic & the SGS 28. Both have built in swivels. Have had the Mosmatic for many years and has been flawless. Only had the SGS for about 6 months. Both perform the same job but the Mosmatic has been a mule and just feels more substantial in the hand. TCG & OG both have nice Kobrajet hoses in various lengths with & w/out quick connects.

I just got the MTM SGS28 and MTM 40° tip with the blue rubber collar

Yet to try BUT with the quick release system i can click from factory gun to aftermarket

When I updated my pressure washer a couple of years ago, I also included the SGS 28 gun and wand package, teamed with standard issue white or green MTM nozzles.

The next upgrade was replacing the MTM nozzles with the rubber shrouded Mosmatic versions. The Mosmatic nozzles are incrementally better in terms of spray pattern and obviously offer more safety when moving around the car.

I then went added the OG Mosmatic into the mix.

The two guns are similar but are separated by small differences. The MTM has a more progressive trigger action, the Mosmatic has a more defined on-off feel to it. The integrated swivel helps reduce some bulk and overall, the Mosmatic quick connects fitting feel more precise.

Both guns are excellent choices, the only thing I have had to do is to replace the outlet o-ring on the Mosmatic, apart from that they have been faultless.

When I updated my pressure washer a couple of years ago, I also included the SGS 28 gun and wand package, teamed with standard issue white or green MTM nozzles.

The next upgrade was replacing the MTM nozzles with the rubber shrouded Mosmatic versions. The Mosmatic nozzles are incrementally better in terms of spray pattern and obviously offer more safety when moving around the car.

I then went added the OG Mosmatic into the mix.

The two guns are similar but are separated by small differences. The MTM has a more progressive trigger action, the Mosmatic has a more defined on-off feel to it. The integrated swivel helps reduce some bulk and overall, the Mosmatic quick connects fitting feel more precise.

Both guns are excellent choices, the only thing I have had to do is to replace the outlet o-ring on the Mosmatic, apart from that they have been faultless.

I went with MTM the Mozzi are a little pricey got mine from Detailing Shed

I went with MTM the Mozzi are a little pricey got mine from Detailing Shed

I think there is, scratch that, I know there is a lot of "name the price" going on over the last 12+ months.

Looks like Active (of Active pressure washers) is releasing their swivel spray gun this month at $80. Should be a solid piece.

Back