The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

yeah, it makes me want to shake my fist in the air and yell "Grimmmmme!"

9bd0dccebde69d7cdaa3ea7483d7b38e.jpg

Carvana made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. I hope whoever buys it will be as careful as I was, 6 years old and still looked brand new.

For the foreseeable future, it won’t be replaced. My wife and I will make it work with 1 car until the market is more favorable for buyers and we can negotiate better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9bd0dccebde69d7cdaa3ea7483d7b38e.jpg

Carvana made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. I hope whoever buys it will be as careful as I was, 6 years old and still looked brand new.

For the foreseeable future, it won’t be replaced. My wife and I will make it work with 1 car until the market is more favorable for buyers and we can negotiate better.

Sounds like a good move for now, what's the wife's car?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sounds like a good move for now, what's the wife's car?

Financially it was a great move, an opportunity really.

The other car is a 2022 Grand Cherokee. We've mostly used that anyways, my wife probably rode in my car once or twice the past 3 years.

The afternoon sun is giving away how much the Qashqai is in need of a wash. High temps all week ruled that out, even working inside the garage was not going to happen. Maybe I'll set an early alarm on the weekend.
22c3d2ffd3d60362adb4a8987273ab04.jpg
4877b9bae3adabd571f271a08b9a0937.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Nice thing about having a light colored car...doesn't look dirty when it IS dirty
576ed54d993279e4702b85e49112f591.jpg

Nice thing about having a light colored car...doesn't look dirty when it IS dirty
576ed54d993279e4702b85e49112f591.jpg

Is that 'real' dirty, or 'Klasse Act' dirty (i.e. there's a spot of dirt on it). I keed of course. :D

Looks good.

Is that 'real' dirty, or 'Klasse Act' dirty (i.e. there's a spot of dirt on it). I keed of course. :D

Looks good.
Probably somewhere in the middle The side skirts had dried up dirt on them, wheelwells trashed and tires/wheels gritty. The upper part of the paint was pretty clean, lower sections not too bad

I stopped by Autozone today for some parts related stuff, and as I parked, this immediately caught my eye.

At 1st glance I thought “ahh check it out, super shiny tires, a bit on the greasy side”
But then I noticed “hmm look at that, we’ve got some swirl free paint here”

That brought a smile to my face. It’s great to see a vehicle that’s clearly being taken care of. I don’t knock anyone’s hustle. If it works for you, keep on doing it. I almost wish I could’ve met the owner just to give him a thumbs up.

e63d20722a3d6550873b75c6f2c71a6b.jpg

214cab883f39c4c3f102e0616aec2ea4.jpg

I just noticed he’s got his side mirrors folded in. Yup, that trucks definitely being looked after.

Cars that have been looked after have a certain glimmer and gloss to them. We all notice them, I can spot them from a couple of hundred metres, just by the way they reflect the sun. It's hard to describe, but it's like the reflection is bigger, brighter, and cleaner. Sometimes up close they are a little dirty, but underneath you can tell they're looking after it.

Just once I've had someone unknown to me comment on how shiny my car was, and it made my day. I was at a takeaway waiting to pick up my order, and two women were talking, one looked outside and saw my car parked over the road, she said to her friend, "wow, look how shiny that Commodore is", I couldn't help but smile, I'd spent the whole previous day on it, wash, clay, polish, and seal. It helped that it was colour that really showed up the effort you put in.

bc1a048ded8d693306ba91ad325213bd.jpg

Cars that have been looked after have a certain glimmer and gloss to them. We all notice them, I can spot them from a couple of hundred metres, just by the way they reflect the sun. It's hard to describe, but it's like the reflection is bigger, brighter, and cleaner. Sometimes up close they are a little dirty, but underneath you can tell they're looking after it.

Just once I've had someone unknown to me comment on how shiny my car was, and it made my day. I was at a takeaway waiting to pick up my order, and two women were talking, one looked outside and saw my car parked over the road, she said to her friend, "wow, look how shiny that Commodore is", I couldn't help but smile, I'd spent the whole previous day on it, wash, clay, polish, and seal. It helped that it was colour that really showed up the effort you put in.

Year and specs of that Commadore

It was a 2005 SV6 with the GM 3.6 V6, 5 speed auto. Rated at 190kw - 255hp and 340Nm - 250lbft. But it probably had a little more, I had a sports exhaust, that was too loud, a K&N air filter, and a cold air intake, which actually sounded good, gave it a real induction growl.

It was the car that really gave me the detailing bug. The second wash after I got it, I noticed all these marks on the hood, and someone explained to me about a product dealers use called Ducofill. Basically hides all swirls and imperfections, until it gets washed a few times, like a time bomb. I did a day course run by a detailing supply shop, $50 and they gave us a free pizza lunch at the end. I spent almost $700 there the next day. I've still got a half pot of the Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Wax I bought for the SV6

Cars that have been looked after have a certain glimmer and gloss to them. We all notice them, I can spot them from a couple of hundred metres, just by the way they reflect the sun. It's hard to describe, but it's like the reflection is bigger, brighter, and cleaner.

I think it’s the accumulation of all the minor details presented into the total package.

Anyone can “wash” a car, but when you dial in things such as the wheel barrels, wheel wells, all the plastic trim, the chome exhaust shining like a mirror, not a spec of debris in the truckbed, or any fingerprints on the gloss black grill, that remarkable gleam you get from swirl free paint… It’s shiet like that that makes it stand out from the rest.

I think it’s the accumulation of all the minor details presented into the total package.

Anyone can “wash” a car, but when you dial in things such as the wheel barrels, wheel wells, all the plastic trim, the chome exhaust shining like a mirror, not a spec of debris in the truckbed, or any fingerprints on the gloss black grill, that remarkable gleam you get from swirl free paint… It’s shiet like that that makes it stand out from the rest.
True true, wheel barrels and wheel wells reall stick out to me...good indicator of a persons dedication.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

That sure is a chick magnet!

I don’t think I’m sold on the tire dressing you’ve been using. :) What are you getting for new tires? Or are you swapping over to the summer shoes?

Buying new shoes. Don’t drive in the winter so will just be year round and I’ll sale the 17’s

Back