Pad washer....worth it?

I then power wash the pads.

As in a pressure washer?????

I have since used my new lake country pad washer, and it definatly makes cleaning pads faster. Especially when i had 26 pads to clean.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sorry just saw your post and Yes a power washer about 18" from the pads

I've been watching some videos from a couple of years ago that AG did with Mike Phillips. I've been hearing him say he throws his pads in the washing machine. I couldn't believe it. My pads are a few years old. I use them about twice a year on two cars. After I'm done, I put them in a bucket with the powdered pad cleaner and conditioner and I used the polishing pad brush on them. It's always worked OK, but never gets the pads really clean. It was never able to get all of the Colonite 845 out of my red pads. Last night, I washed them like I wash my microfiber towels, All Free & Clear and an ounce to WG microfiber cleaner (in the liquid bleach section) on the "white clothes" setting (hot wash, cold rinse and a second rinse). I've never seen my pads come out so clean. Even the red pads with years of Colonite 845 no longer smell like Colonite. And the pads come out dryer than when I wash them in the bucket.

Anytime I did a load of used mircofiber towels, I followed up a cycle in the washer with Affresh. It's a washer cleaner, you buy it in the laundry section at stores. Just a tablet you toss in and (newer washers have a setting choice) let machine run. I wanna make sure everything is always cleaned in the machine, especially after a wash with micrifibers that had si02 products.

I soak my pads in cold oxi clean to loosen the gunk in them, then power wash them with my 1800psi pwr washer.

I hold the pad in left hand and pistol gun in my right. Then I spin them out with a pwr drill and let them sun dry on a rack. I’ll do 40-60 pads at a time doing it this way.

My kids help me and we knock it out in no time. No bulky pad washer. No money wasted on snake oil pad cleaner detergent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back