What I left with from Detail Fest

swanicyouth

Reaction score
Purchased:
a6936dbc-6a0f-cb51.jpg

And.... I won a raffle for the Poor Boys Deluxe Sample Kit Detail Fest '12 Special Edition:
a6936dbc-6a8b-1f80.jpg

a6936dbc-6aef-5482.jpg

***Thanks AutoGeek for a great time.

Nice stuff. I like the Poorbots world t-shirt, too!

My first experience with any PoorBoys stuff. So far I tried the leather lotion and tire dressing (did a quick ONR wash after the rain this afternoon). The tire dressing is very shiny and wet looking, but isn't oily and nasty on your hands. It hasn't spread all over, even though I applied it heavy. It's nice if you like shine, I believe they have a more matte version if you like that better. The bottle also states it can be diluted with equal part water. It smells a little like pineapple or a tropical fruit scent. The sprayer on the bottle sprays a fine mist with a small footprint. I used several sprays on an applicator for each wheel. Can't comment on longevity yet, but so far it seems like a great high quality product, much nicer than an OTC dressing.
The leather lotion dries nicely, and isn't "oily" like a lot of OTC leather products. It leaves a semi-gloss look, and the seats are smooth and quickly dry. It gave the seats a satin like feel, which I really like - not sticky and slimy. These are the only PB products I've had a chance to use so far, and first impressions are excellent. One odd thing, the leather lotion smells EXACTLY like the STP product from the late 1990s that mimicked Amor All. The smell is so distinctive (but not bad), I specifically remember my old Honda smelling that way. However, it's just the scent that's the same, the PB leather product is nice, and no way resembles that old oily Armor All knock off. Great company! Great stuff!

Looks like you did very well! What's that cleaning utensil with the handle on it? A window washer?

Looks like you did very well! What's that cleaning utensil with the handle on it? A window washer?

An interior duster. Bought it to clean the pollen that gets on the interior of my convertible in the summer.

Last night I was able to use one of the new products I hoy from AG. It was the Optimum Detail Spray. This stuff is unlike any similar product I have used before. It has a super slick feel to it, even the sprayer is buttery smooth with an ultra fine spray. Another great Optimum product that seems to be a notch ahead of there competitors. I haven't had a cause to try the Optimum polishes yet, but so far everything they make that I try seems to exceed expectations. I now know the polishes are SMAT, which I have never used. So, now that I'm able to get good results with diminishing type polishes, can't wait to learn something new.

Congrats on the win, and it looks like a good purchase selection.

Back