DP tire dressing

PA DETAILER

Reaction score
DP Tire Dressing is a water-based formula that preserves original color and texture. (autogeek.net)

Thought i would try it since i had a bottle. Applied it yesterday morning just like i do with DG #253. Flagged tipped brush. Well, truck sat and we had a rain storm shortly after. I was kind of shocked to see 90% of it just washed off the tires. It is promoted to last thru a few washes/rain storms. Maybe it just did sit enough before the rain? I went over the tires with #253. #253 will repel rain and look's decent short term. STRANGE. The look of the DP was ok. And it did seem to dry fine on the tires.

The DP tire dressing is a thicker liquid that adheres to the tire very well and does give a good shiny look that I like. I agree that it does not last that long. I use it when I am on the road and the tires need a quick pick me up. Duragloss 253 is a much better product..

Noticed it was thicker. Now this morning and after more rain, the #253 was still intact. I now know why i have used and trusted #253 for years.

UPDATE. I did use it on her Escape with great results. Noticed it really hangs in there. And the look is good. Must have been the rain right after, that foiled the truck application.

UPDATE. I did use it on her Escape with great results. Noticed it really hangs in there. And the look is good. Must have been the rain right after, that foiled the truck application.

All tires are not created equal.

All tires are not created equal.

So much truth in that statement. Even in the same brand the differences in how a dressing performs can vary widely.

I can say I've used several tire products that didn't hold up on any tire. Optimum Tire Gel is one. It wouldn't survive a heavy overnight dew, let alone rain. I lost count of the times I'd clean up the wife's car, dress the tires, and call it a night. The next morning the dressing would be totally gone or horribly streaky from the dew. Another fun one was a fast rain that blew in from one direction which only washed off the tire dressing on one side of the vehicle, and not the other.

So much truth in that statement. Even in the same brand the differences in how a dressing performs can vary widely.

I can say I've used several tire products that didn't hold up on any tire. Optimum Tire Gel is one. It wouldn't survive a heavy overnight dew, let alone rain. I lost count of the times I'd clean up the wife's car, dress the tires, and call it a night. The next morning the dressing would be totally gone or horribly streaky from the dew. Another fun one was a fast rain that blew in from one direction which only washed off the tire dressing on one side of the vehicle, and not the other.

Ughh. I just bought Opt Tire Gel with the spray gun applicator. Oh well. Maybe it likes my tires or my wife’s/son’s tires better. :) Or I’ll see if I can spray Duragloss 253.

Back