Pad line

drmikeyb

Reaction score
Holy cow with so many different pad lines out there not sure which way to go. Who's good who isn't.

Mike Bradford
Hattiesburg, Ms

This will be my first one, I've always loved doing my own stuff but never took that plunge. Can't wait. Got allot to learn.

Mike Bradford
Hattiesburg, Ms

Thanks again. Take care and have a great week.

Mike Bradford
Hattiesburg, Ms

Lake Country Flat Pads are a pretty safe bet. I have orange, white and black 5.5" for my Porter Cable 7424XP.

I love Lake Country Hydrotech, and Menzerna polishes with my Porter Cable 7424, and 7424xp.

I'm a huge fan of Meguiars Microfiber System, not so much a fan of Chemical Guys pads

Been using thin pro foam and LOVE them so far

I started with Lake Country Flat Pads and am starting to move to the Thin Pro's. I really like them and they work much better on my DA.

HOWEVER, I don't know if I'd go 100% Thin Pro's in my inventory. For concave/convex areas and those with strange shapes I'd still go with with a thicker pad like the Flat's or other similar pads since they have more give and will shape to the surface better. Save the thin pads for the flat surfaces.

For Flex 3401, LC Force pads, For Rupes, Rupes yellow pad is the most wonderful pad ever created. LC Hydrotechs work well on GG6, FLEX, and Rupes. For heavier needs, Megs Microfiber Cutting discs are great on GG6 and Rupes.

I started with Lake Country Flat Pads and am starting to move to the Thin Pro's. I really like them and they work much better on my DA.

HOWEVER, I don't know if I'd go 100% Thin Pro's in my inventory. For concave/convex areas and those with strange shapes I'd still go with with a thicker pad like the Flat's or other similar pads since they have more give and will shape to the surface better. Save the thin pads for the flat surfaces.

Do you find yourself switching between Flat's and Thin-Pro's for a given panel? I can see doing the roof, hood and doors of my sedan with Thin-Pro's. But I think the fenders, bumpers and trunk lid would need the Flat's.

Do you find yourself switching between Flat's and Thin-Pro's for a given panel? I can see doing the roof, hood and doors of my sedan with Thin-Pro's. But I think the fenders, bumpers and trunk lid would need the Flat's.

It depends on the car and the shape of the panels. Any place that has a flat surface like doors, roof, and rear hatch I'll use the Thin Pro. Areas like fenders, the A-pillar/roof transitions, side mirrors, etc which have a shape or contour to them get the flats.

Depending on the car, I could foresee swapping between the pads on the same panel. A good example is my GTI. Most of the door is nearly flat, but at the top there is a style line about 5~6" below the glass of the window which is actually concave. I'll use my Flats on that portion and then jump to a Thin Pro to do the rest of the door. Same with the A-pillar and the transition area where the door and roof meet which are convex and/or courved. I'll use a Thin Pro on the roof and then transition to a Flat for the A pillar and that transition area.

ive been hooked on the BOSS pads as of late, I have flats, hydrotechs, rupes ( my least favorite) megs and so many more I really need to consolidate

Back