Pure Evo water spotting

Mueley

Reaction score
So, decided to jump in the gyeon ceramic pool after doing my boat with Marine 31 and having good luck with it.
Bought some Pure Evo for my black Ram. Did all the prep on it since it looked like the dealership washed it with a sack of rocks. Put the coating on and it stayed in the garage for a solid week. Didn't wash it for 14 days. It lusts after water spots. Water beads up good, but it doesn't shed water like it seems like it should. Did I apply this wrong? Wiped on heavy and removed the excess a couple of minutes later. Seemed pretty straight forward.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Put the coating on and it stayed in the garage for a solid week. Didn't wash it for 14 days. It lusts after water spots. Water beads up good, but it doesn't shed water like it seems like it should.

Pure evo is more of a beader than a sheeter.

Do the water spots come off after a wash?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Spots from rain or spots from your water supply?

The spots are rain water spots.

The spots are rain water spots.

Are they etched? Or do they come off when washed?

It doesn't seem like it. I can see slight outlines but when I spray a QD as a drying aide, they disappear

I have a 4.5 month application of Pure Evo on my car and haven't seen any water spotting issues to date, strange that you have.

The washing/etching question is a good one.

My car routinely sits out in the rain while I'm at work, and more recently it went under a torture test while sitting at the airport for a week. It was rained on at least 2~3 times while baking in the sun and collecting a ton of industrial fall out from the airport. It was filthy when I picked it up, but there were no water spots.

Pure Evo is a good beading coating, but I find it sheets as good as any coating. When washing the car, water just slips right off and I can get it almost dry with just a flood rinse.

I'm not convinced you can have good sheeting without beading. They're related. A good beading coating, will sheet water fast when flooding the surface.

I haven't had any water spotting issues with Can Coat that wouldn't come off. All spotting is from rain. Sprinklers etc. would be a different story.

They sorta seem to come off with a wash but until I hit it with a drying aid, they're still sorta there. I'm almost wondering if I didn't let it sit long enough before I wiped it.

Been having a hard time getting replies to post.
The spots more or less go away with a wash when I dry them using a drying aide like V07. However, there's a few that are flat out etched that won't go away. Even driving down the road, water doesn't really shed. I tried using Megs hybrid detailer and that actually acted like a ceramic coating more than the Pure.

Been having a hard time getting replies to post.
The spots more or less go away with a wash when I dry them using a drying aide like V07. However, there's a few that are flat out etched that won't go away. Even driving down the road, water doesn't really shed. I tried using Megs hybrid detailer and that actually acted like a ceramic coating more than the Pure.

Do like guz said and try carpro descale. And then stop using the v07, see if that changes the water behaviour. Sounds like you have typical water spots that just collect dirt after a rain and it drys on top of the surface...not actually attaching itself to the point that it wont come off. Black vehicle doesnt help the situation

Even driving down the road, water doesn't really shed.

This statement here makes me think there is something else going on.

My experience with Pure EVO is completely different. When my car has been rained on and I start driving the water flies off the paint at speeds far lower than any other coating I've experienced. While driving in a steady, hard rain the car at highway speeds the car practically dries itself and doesn't really get wet until I slow down or stop. Then when I start moving again the water flies off.

Even when using Griots 3 in 1 which I found to have pretty unremarkable beading/sheeting for a ceramic product, I'd see water start to shed from the vehicle when in motion. Granted at much higher speeds than Pure, but it would still shed water once in motion.

My experience with Pure EVO is completely different. When my car has been rained on and I start driving the water flies off the paint at speeds far lower than any other coating I've experienced. While driving in a steady, hard rain the car at highway speeds the car practically dries itself and doesn't really get wet until I slow down or stop. Then when I start moving again the water flies off.

Even when using Griots 3 in 1 which I found to have pretty unremarkable beading/sheeting for a ceramic product, I'd see water start to shed from the vehicle when in motion. Granted at much higher speeds than Pure, but it would still shed water once in motion.
Same here, thats why i mentiined to stop using the chemical guys v07...i mean to use a great product like pure evo the top it with imo a....meh product froma meh company lol

Look into CarPro Descale.

What do you think about Descale? I've used this before and noticed my paint was really grabby. I feel like I personally may have used too much Descale when diluting it in a foam gun. It definitely did help decontaminate my coating though, spots that were beginning to fail were brought back to life, so I'm sure it's cleaning properties are great, and in my instance it was purely user error.

What do you think about Descale? I've used this before and noticed my paint was really grabby. I feel like I personally may have used too much Descale when diluting it in a foam gun. It definitely did help decontaminate my coating though, spots that were beginning to fail were brought back to life, so I'm sure it's cleaning properties are great, and in my instance it was purely user error.

Works great. Use it at the proper dilution for good results. It makes the coating surface smooth.

I'm half way tempted to polish off the water spots that are really in it and re-apply on the hood and see if I botched the install on it.

Descale is brilliant, have been using it a lot the last few months.

I have not noticed gabbiness, although that could be because I'm generally using it as a strip wash and follow up with a clay process, polishing and/or reapplying an LSP.

I'm using it at the recommended 1:10 in my foam cannon, the pH reading about 3.72 in this form.

Back