Business License in California

SuperbShineDetail

Reaction score
Hello all. I have been working on creating my new business for a few months now.

There is no concrete guide that I have found on how to abide by all of the requirements to lawfully operate a mobile detailing business here in CA. I haven't seen any dedicated thread for this topic, but I can imagine it is a common question for new mobile detailing business owners based out of CA.

To my knowledge, the required steps to obtain all necessary licensing and permits are:

1) Register your business with your local city hall.

2) Register your business with your local county, and register your fictitious business name.

3) Apply for a Car Washing and Polishing Registration Certificate within the Department of Industrial Relations.

4) Comply with all State Water Resources Control Board regulations for your region.

5) Obtain adequate insurance.

If I am wrong about any of these or have left anything out, please do tell.

The general steps to get a business are correct, but you have to make sure as well if there are no some exceptions or requirements for California specifically.

I am working on my business license as well, should get it soon enough. Also, I have two friends who are about to start their businesses as well, and they ask me a lot of questions related to how to get a business license, prices and so on. I guess that some people here also are wondering about it, so if you want to see the prices and other information about the license, just visit this website https://licensecost.com/minnesota-business-license-cost/ where is given all the information.

Back