Black Exhaust Tips

DETAILROOKIE

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I recently had my exhaust done on the truck and they are looking pretty crummy.

Does anyone know how to make them look new again? I was a afraid to use pinnacle exhaust brightener or any other polish I typically use for exhaust tips since these are mattish.

Thank you in advance!!
47fdb79e4eb1dbb06c389acd85c3b2e6.jpg
3377612cb713078d3f8ff156a6c7cbfe.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hello everyone! I recently had my exhaust done on the truck and they are looking pretty crummy.

Does anyone know how to make them look new again? I was a afraid to use pinnacle exhaust brightener or any other polish I typically use for exhaust tips since these are mattish.

Thank you in advance!!
47fdb79e4eb1dbb06c389acd85c3b2e6.jpg
3377612cb713078d3f8ff156a6c7cbfe.jpg

Can we get a better pic? Yeah I would think no go on any exaust polish. Soap, water, MF and elbow grease.

Also look into Dr Beasley’s matte paint cleanser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It appears that these are black chrome. I did a quick look on Borla's page. This is what they state

BORLA® premium-quality exhaust tip features mirror-polished Black Chrome finish on high quality T-304 austenitic stainless steel, precision welds and distinctive styling. The perfect way to provide a custom look for your vehicle. Clamp on mounting, clamp included.

Using BORLA® Stainless Steel Polish #21461 is NOT recommended with the black chrome tips. We suggest cleaning the tips with hot water and a microfiber cloth.

If they are not a matte but black chrome look into AWE’s tip tonic.

Does anyone know how they are colored? Is it powder coating or paint?

I'd proceed with caution even with the cleaning products. Get something too strong and it could cause fading or discoloration. I wouldn't go anything stronger than car wash soap.

Thanks everyone! Here is a close up. I am not sure if they are painted or powdercoated. I tried soap and a speedmaster brush, but it did nothing. I think I will get a microfiber towel and use more elbow grease next wash.
8344713abcfd7f2344353199357df78b.jpg
4c3d315be3b3221a5ad287e5da81a68a.jpg

Poor thing wants to be a HEMI Ram..........:cry:

Clean them with the truck's tears, Leo.......... :laughing:

Thanks everyone! Here is a close up. I am not sure if they are painted or powdercoated. I tried soap and a speedmaster brush, but it did nothing. I think I will get a microfiber towel and use more elbow grease next wash.
8344713abcfd7f2344353199357df78b.jpg
4c3d315be3b3221a5ad287e5da81a68a.jpg

Looking at them in new pics they look to be a black chrome. I would look up “AWE diamond black tips”. If the look similar I’ll throw AWE tip tonic out again.

I’ve read a lot of good reviews.

Poor thing wants to be a HEMI Ram..........:cry:

Clean them with the truck's tears, Leo.......... :laughing:
Hahahaha, I'll make sure to clean up the truck's tears with your mom's panties after I'm done with her!

Thanks everyone!!! I'll try some elbow great and look into AWE Tip Tonic. My vette has an AWE exhaust so I will be able to use it on both.

Hahahaha, I'll make sure to clean up the truck's tears with your mom's panties after I'm done with her!

What?? Since when did my mom start wearing underwear???

Back