Greetings from Southern California

mrvrsick

Reaction score
Hello all! I've been lurking on this and another site for quite some time, and finally decided to join.

I have never been much into detailing my vehicles, except for the one time in high school that I went at my car with Megs DACP and yellow wax, by hand!

Now, I'd like to take care of my rides: 1995 Mazda Miata (black), 2011 Hyundai Sonata (pearl white), and a 2005 Yamaha R6 (blue).

I just acquired my dad's rotary buffer and gallon of Megs Gold class wash, along with all of his OTC detailing stuff, which is mostly super cheap cleaner waxes. Other than that, I need to get all new stuff, including buckets!

I look forward to the journey, and all of the help that I'll find here!

Where in SoCal?

Hey there everyone, thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm in the Glendora area.

I've still been doing a lot of lurking, I recently found out that my Miata has single stage paint, and that I might want to use some sort of coating (thinking opti coat) on the Sonata.

Again, still doing a lot of reading, and thank you all in advance!

Sweet!

How much for the course?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's free you just have to sign up over at MeguiarsOnline

He couldn't make it that day, but I did :righton:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heN0b73_wwY]Meguiar's TNOG 4/3/2014 - YouTube[/video]

My Miata is in such bad shape, I'd be ashamed to take it to Meguiar's to do a panel! If I can, I'll look into going in the future. Until then, I want to finish up my list of products to buy...

It's all so overwhelming, and I'm trying to resist the urge to splurge on everything recommended as I want to keep this a budget/DD set-up.

My Miata is in such bad shape, I'd be ashamed to take it to Meguiar's to do a panel! If I can, I'll look into going in the future. Until then, I want to finish up my list of products to buy...

It's all so overwhelming, and I'm trying to resist the urge to splurge on everything recommended as I want to keep this a budget/DD set-up.
Well from my understanding if you do take your car to Meguiars. That won't mean a whole detail to your entire car. However, they can take it inside and do say half or the entire hood while teaching you and others. (decisions is not up to me)

So when you go back home you would have a better understanding on how you will need to tackle the rest of the paint on your car.

Well from my understanding if you do take your car to Meguiars. That won't mean a whole detail to your entire car. However, they can take it inside and do say half or the entire hood while teaching you and others. (decisions is not up to me)

So when you go back home you would have a better understanding on how you will need to tackle the rest of the paint on your car.

Exactly why I'm saying that I don't want to take my extremely neglected car to do one half of a panel. I have a few scrap panels to practice on before I try going at the Miata. In some time, I think that I'll go and visit Meguiars.

Until then, I need to complete my list of products and essentials. So far, I have Megs Gold Class and grout sponge for wash,HF DA Polisher and Megs DACP for polish and compounding, and Megs No. 26 wax for LSP.

Things that I need:

Wash:
-Wash mitt/sponge, no ideas here
-Drying towel, thinking the Mothers WW

Compound/Polish:
-Backing plates and pads, thinking about B&S 5" and a 6 pack of pads. I'm just not sure which ones, maybe 3 yellow 2 orange 1 black (for LSP)? Are LC pads worth the extra cost for a DIYer?
-MF towels, MF tech is what I'm looking at
-Products, wowza!! Something easy, and easy on the wallet. I've heard HD is great in this arena. I have no idea as there are too many products being discussed here.

LSP:
Again, too many products mentioned here. Again, I want something easy to use and easy on the wallet. HD? FK100p? Collonite 845/476s?

A part of me just wants to keep it simple and go megs UC/UP/UW for now, and get some experience and knowledge under my belt, but the other part wants to get the right stuff now and not waste time/money/effort.

OptiCoat is something that I'd love to do once I can get my corrections in line.

Phew, thank you all in advance!

Back