What did you do today non-detailing related?

Ordered a couple cans of Gloss Black Autodip to delete the chrome on around the windows and on the strips on the hood and trunk area. Should match up well with the pillars and IMO a way better and more durable product than Plastidip.

So you just don’t like chrome eh? I love chrome on a vehicle.

Put a new set of springs and cups in the kitchen faucet. Fixed the drip.

Day two driving in the snow. Those winter tires are fantastic! Yesterday was about an inch of fresh powder. Tonight I drove home on a good three inches of fresh powder.

Did donuts in the cul de sac when I got home...made a neighbor wait to get in his driveway while I was acting the juvenile fool. ;). Next door neighbor shoveled my driveway for me. Think I’m going to get him a really good bottle of bourbon as payback. :)

Re: Installed some Conti DWS06's on the RedSport

View attachment 61418

Detailed the front walk and driveway the last three days. LOVE my snow boss. Makes short work of snow removal.

So you just don’t like chrome eh? I love chrome on a vehicle.
I left it on my S4 because it complimented the aluminum wheels and other accents. However this car has anthracite colored Wheels and minimal Chrome

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Ordered a Stage 1 Piggy back Tuner for the Redsport. Very conservative move vs what my Audi had but I started slow there too ;) Looking forward to a significant bump in mid-range power and added torque. Burger Motorsports dyno'd Stage 1 Results as 395awhp and 429awtq. Should be good for mid to low 12's now at roughly 114mph from what others are running at the track. Our first track day will likely be in April or May so I'll have plenty of time to break her in until then.

Friday my Chrome delete happens. I switched over from a plan to use AutoDip to using a vinyl wrap. All the wrap is in and simply awaiting my time. I also ordered some very light smoke tint to overlay on the tail lights and most definitely on the indicators located on the mirrors.

Trim Wrap is done!

Had to run some errands in this Sh....storm of slush and sleet but the trim is wrapped and looking good. :)

Time for a winter weekend clean up on Saturday.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

tested towing with the new Land Rover Discovery in a very sketchy ramp with a very heavy boat. Pulled it out like a champ no struggle.

Did the valve cover gaskets plus associated seals, plugs, wires, oil, filler, and a light cleaning of the engine bay on a friends Subaru.

Only took one pic. I thought one plug was cross threaded because it came out so hard.

f77cb2383163536e31f1f54339116feb.jpg

Drove to a rig to cap the well, got sent home when I got there as they are having problems. Now I wait for the call.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Set a 9 5/8 casing hanger, packoff and tested. 16hrs and counting at -15 out here on Cyclone 34. Just waiting on the cement crew to finish so I can go wash the wellhead bore and set the packoff. View attachment 61604

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Replaced the battery on wife's van and took it in to have the Thermostat Replaced as it wasn't worth my time messing around with. Back to running strong for an 11 year old van with 120k on the clock.

Replaced the battery on wife's van and took it in to have the Thermostat Replaced as it wasn't worth my time messing around with. Back to running strong for an 11 year old van with 120k on the clock.
Today I mounted both of these up.

I had this plate about 10 years ago and I took it back since it was still available
a3a5a9cdad43eec4aee9f93913114ef4.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Football season’s over.
So it’s time to switch the license plate trim..

ceba0f8d0b5ab75248f59814d59a64d3.jpg

Back