Which browser do you use to read the forum?

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike Phillips
  • Start date Start date

Which browser to you use to read the forum?

• Total voters
I recently switched from Firefox to Chrome on my desktops. I couldn’t stand the new FF updates.

I mainly use Tapatalk when I’m on mobile and Chrome on desktops.

Chrome.

FYI you can get a browser report from Google Analytics. The "computer guy" should be able to get that info :)

I already did, in fact by the time stamp on the thread, looks like I wrote this article about a week after coming to work here at Autogeek.

This is for anyone that's not sure how to use the Editor Mode in vBulletin to tweak their code or to break a large section of quoted material into smaller bites-size sections.

:)

Thanks!! I'll be playing with that stuff.

Mostly Chrome, but am using MS Edge more and more and occasionally Opera.

***Bump***

Thank you everyone for replying to this thread and answering the poll.

The reason I started this was out of curiosity. Also - I normally use Internet Explorer to work on the forum as not all browsers take advantage of all the features available in vBulletin, (our forum software).

I'm a power user of the forum and "yes" I need all the available functions.

Recently I noticed VIDEOS shared on this forum are NOT showing up when viewed via Internet Explorer. I checked with our Admin for the forum and he told me that Microsoft was no longer supporting their own browser?

So I'm not really sure why Internet Explorer won't display previously posted videos that it previously DID display but here's the deal...

If Microsoft is no longer going to support tier own software then none of us should be using it. I've been told that the security features in Internet Explorer are also lacking so you risk malware or worse if you use it.

For now I'm switching over to Chrome for my PC and Safari on my apple products.

Sad that such a pioneer in the computer industry can't keep up with technology it help to create.

:dunno:

I think that Microsoft wants to phase out of using Internet Explorer and replace it with Microsoft Edge, apparently it's supposed to be more secure.

Firefox

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Tapatalk on phone
Chrome on laptop

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

IE has been garbage for a very long time. They haven't even made a Mac version since 2003. Chrome, Safari, Firefox are all better browsers and take full advantage of vB, which I have also been using on my own forums since 2001.

IE users today are like AOL users... lost in history.

FWIW, this version of vBulletin is 4.2.5, which is also old tech. vB5 has been out for quite some time, but that doesn't make it better. Most vB forums are still using vB3 or vB4—very few vB5 forums running out there, and it's been around for a few years now.

You should include Opera to the list. This is the browser I like the most, it features the free VPN (mandatory today)

I use Safari...it came pre-loaded on my Mac Powerbook and it works fine so I see no reason to load up a different browser.

Tapatalk. Super easy to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

***Bump***

Thank you everyone for replying to this thread and answering the poll.

The reason I started this was out of curiosity. Also - I normally use Internet Explorer to work on the forum as not all browsers take advantage of all the features available in vBulletin, (our forum software).

I'm a power user of the forum and "yes" I need all the available functions.

Recently I noticed VIDEOS shared on this forum are NOT showing up when viewed via Internet Explorer. I checked with our Admin for the forum and he told me that Microsoft was no longer supporting their own browser?

So I'm not really sure why Internet Explorer won't display previously posted videos that it previously DID display but here's the deal...

If Microsoft is no longer going to support tier own software then none of us should be using it. I've been told that the security features in Internet Explorer are also lacking so you risk malware or worse if you use it.

For now I'm switching over to Chrome for my PC and Safari on my apple products.

Sad that such a pioneer in the computer industry can't keep up with technology it help to create.

:dunno:

I didn’t even know IE still existed. I used Chrome on my laptop and PC and Safari on my I devices. I do use Tapatalk when I’m posting videos or pictures as it is the easiest way for me.

Back