Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

I really like the look of the '24 Elantra N. I've yet to see one in the wild.

I like the more simplified design on the front end and I'm really liking the wheels. Too bad they're black. I don't know Hyundai seem to go with such highly complicated designs for some of their wheels. To me they don't look any better, and the look to be a nightmare to clean. I detailed my mother-in-laws Genesis G90 this weekend and I found myself cursing the wheel designer the entire time I was cleaning those things.

Love Pikes Peak, I used to race up it in a PlayStation game I had, I can't remember which one now. Randy is cool too, I used to watch him racing around Willow Springs on one of the Motor Trend shows.

How about the bouncing across the finish line, that's crazy.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

I watched this yesterday, regardless of which is faster, I'd still have the Hyundai, it looks better to me.

Anything is better from a design standpoint, but I really like the Hyundai . Tesla's really need a total refresh since they've never really moved on from the original design. Inside the design is a mess. I drove a neighbors Model Y briefly and the lack of gauges drove me nuts. Relying on the center screen as the only info desplay and interface with the car is a horrible idea, IMO. The total glass roof seemed like a really bad idea too. I was cooking in that car here in the mid-West US, I couldn't imagine what it's like in much hotter climates.

I watched this yesterday, regardless of which is faster, I'd still have the Hyundai, it looks better to me.

with the Ioniq 5 N, you have talented engineers like albert beirmann, tyrone johnson (former head engineer of ford RS/ST), and many others who have had a hand in the creating vehicles like this. you can't get much better of resume than these guys...

older video of his days at the blue oval

Tyrone Johnson appointed Managing Director at Hyundai Motor Europe Technical Center GmbH (HMETC)

ford screwed up by losing this guy...

Anything is better from a design standpoint, but I really like the Hyundai . Tesla's really need a total refresh since they've never really moved on from the original design. Inside the design is a mess. I drove a neighbors Model Y briefly and the lack of gauges drove me nuts. Relying on the center screen as the only info desplay and interface with the car is a horrible idea, IMO. The total glass roof seemed like a really bad idea too. I was cooking in that car here in the mid-West US, I couldn't imagine what it's like in much hotter climates.
Not saying I don't like the minimalist interior, as I've never sat in one, but it's not what I'd normally go for. My brother did have the original Nissan X-Trail, which had the gauge cluster in the middle, and I didn't like it either, he did say you get used to it, but I didn't want to. Eventually my teenage nephew crashed it trying to drift on a dirt road, so no more X-Trail. I'm not a fan of the glass roof either, we get really hot summers here, the FJs white roof, upright glass, and excellent air con, make for a much more bearable experience in summer. I've also seen stories of glass roofs structurally failing from multiple brands, and getting no warranty from the manufacturer.

with the Ioniq 5 N, you have talented engineers like albert beirmann, tyrone johnson (former head engineer of ford RS/ST), and many others who have had a hand in the creating vehicles like this. you can't get much better of resume than these guys...

older video of his days at the blue oval

Tyrone Johnson appointed Managing Director at Hyundai Motor Europe Technical Center GmbH (HMETC)

ford screwed up by losing this guy...
I think Ford decided to stop doing hot hatches, and his skillset wouldn't transfer to pick-ups, and the Mustang guys wouldn't be welcoming. But he seems to be quite happy at Hyundai.

But he seems to be quite happy at Hyundai.

as is albert beirmann. he didn't seem to be too happy at bmw...

0:00 to 1:20, i think he was referencing that here...

Speaking of the brand, a guy at work recently got a new one. Sounds quite good & the metallic red is quite fetching, especially in the sun.

703133184794558c9662a46ab2aef73d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Speaking of the brand, a guy at work recently got a new one. Sounds quite good & the metallic red is quite fetching, especially in the sun.

703133184794558c9662a46ab2aef73d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Love that red

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back