At the gas station..

fancyfootwork

Reaction score
So filling up after work today I was watching this M3 going through the 'touchless' wash. I was cringing as the pain of course. After he was out of it he rolled up behind me parked. He took out a 'microfiber' and started to dry his car.

I finished filling up and went over to talk to him. Told him he had a nice car but he's putting scratches all over it by going through the wash and using a crappy MF with poor technique. I asked him if he ever gets his car detailed and he said, "oh yeah about once a month". I was kinda confused considering he just ran it through an automatic carwash and you don't need to get your car buffed once a month! I told him I detail cars on the side and would gladly do his car the correct way.

Funny thing is, he insisted that his car was swirl free. I said, 'Ok, have a nice day :)' and drove away. Random story, but I thought it was pretty funny how closed minded people can be sometimes.

Probably just doesnt know any better, seems like a nice guy.

How do you know whether his car was swirl free or not? Did you see it under full sun?

Probably just doesnt know any better, seems like a nice guy.

How do you know whether his car was swirl free or not? Did you see it under full sun?

Oh yeah he was a very nice guy, just wish he would've taken up on my offer. Yeah, I was standing right next to it in the full sun. Saw plently of swirls. He had some broken english and I think he meant that he cleans his car once a month not an actual detail.

hey, if you didn't know how much would you of saved from detailing stuff ;)

So filling up after work today I was watching this M3 going through the 'touchless' wash. I was cringing as the pain of course. After he was out of it he rolled up behind me parked. He took out a 'microfiber' and started to dry his car.

I finished filling up and went over to talk to him. Told him he had a nice car but he's putting scratches all over it by going through the wash and using a crappy MF with poor technique. I asked him if he ever gets his car detailed and he said, "oh yeah about once a month". I was kinda confused considering he just ran it through an automatic carwash and you don't need to get your car buffed once a month! I told him I detail cars on the side and would gladly do his car the correct way.

Funny thing is, he insisted that his car was swirl free. I said, 'Ok, have a nice day :)' and drove away. Random story, but I thought it was pretty funny how closed minded people can be sometimes.

I don't understand what makes MEN do that their cars. Women i can excuse but guyz...NO. He's obviously has NO knowledge of what he's doing to the M3.

My dad had a black '95 M3. Took it to a qrtr wash and insisted on using the "foam brush".

One day, he plunked in the quarters and foam-brushed the entire car.....only to realize the guy before him had used the foam brush to clean white paint that had just spilled in the bed of his pickup!!!!! The car was COVERED in smeared white paint....the car was still warm from the sun and the whit paint started to dry. It was a nightmare.

My dad had a black '95 M3. Took it to a qrtr wash and insisted on using the "foam brush".

One day, he plunked in the quarters and foam-brushed the entire car.....only to realize the guy before him had used the foam brush to clean white paint that had just spilled in the bed of his pickup!!!!! The car was COVERED in smeared white paint....the car was still warm from the sun and the whit paint started to dry. It was a nightmare.

Oh my god, so what did he do??

Having a small stack of "business" cards would also come in handy for a situation like this. At least it gives him other options.

Back