Good news, Bad news....

FMINUS

Reaction score
Bad news is..... My November delivery will no longer be happening. After chatting with the wife, we've decided that I have way to many "sports cars" and I should buy things focused a little on the baby......

So I guess I can let the cat out of the bag, I was getting a GT3 RS Orange w ceramic brake upgrade and matching orange roll cage :(

Good news is, I have decided on another car. Its a sedan.....

WITH 500HP 10 ITBs. I am hoping to find one that suits me by the month's end :cheers:

Another M5 owner, good choice!

Congrats

BobZ

:p wow that didnt take long.......

There's plenty of room in the back of a GT3 for a little baby and a roll cage. :rolleyes: All you have to do is strap the child seat to the roll bar.:(

bmwm506.jpg

Nice ride :D

I LOVE the M5 truly an amazing machine. My friend in my car club has one, he has a Dinan exhaust, wheels and brakes. The F1 V-10 sounds awesome!!

Here is the only pic I could find.

IMG_1767.jpg

Too bad about the Porsche, but the M5 is just a WICKED car! We have a few at work, you can see my truck in the background. Yes, I do make sure no one parks next to me!

M5.jpg

Too bad about the Porsche, but the M5 is just a WICKED car! We have a few at work, you can see my truck in the background. Yes, I do make sure no one parks next to me!

M5.jpg
Holy cow!!! that's a nice car... why haven't you detailed that yet, and where do you work?

E39 M5, E39 M5, E39 M5 :awesome:

Don't get E60 M5 in manual trans, or you'll want to bash your head against the wheel like my friend lol, he regrets it everyday. Though I hate SMG as well lol.

M5.jpg

Wow 2 in a row! Im still confused on whether to get space gray or graphite black....

E39 M5, E39 M5, E39 M5 :awesome:

Don't get E60 M5 in manual trans, or you'll want to bash your head against the wheel like my friend lol, he regrets it everyday. Though I hate SMG as well lol.

I hate the SMG as well, the 6 speed sucks too. I originally ordered an E60 M5 at its release but after driving my buddie's 6sp, I cancelled the order. It just didnt mesh with the car, kind of like the 6sp in the E46 M3.

But I test drove the SMG III in the 08 E60 and its def an improvement. Its like night and day from the older ones, yet it still has its kinks. They should be ditching the SMG and going with DSG in the next platform, the next M5 should be out 2011 or 12, which I will be trading it!!!!

Also the SMG is rated at 4.3 0-60, while the 6 spd is rated at 4.8? (and yes its with an experienced driver) Thats a major concern in my decision.

I hate the SMG as well, the 6 speed sucks too. I originally ordered an E60 M5 at its release but after driving my buddie's 6sp, I cancelled the order. It just didnt mesh with the car, kind of like the 6sp in the E46 M3.

But I test drove the SMG III in the 08 E60 and its def an improvement. Its like night and day from the older ones, yet it still has its kinks. They should be ditching the SMG and going with DSG in the next platform, the next M5 should be out 2011 or 12, which I will be trading it!!!!

Also the SMG is rated at 4.3 0-60, while the 6 spd is rated at 4.8? (and yes its with an experienced driver) Thats a major concern in my decision.
Yeh my bud has the M6 in SMG and was one of the 1st to take delivery of the 6 speed manual M5. All they did was swap the E39 tranny over, which was geared and matched perfectly to the M5's V8, but not matched well with the V10 and the clutch was already a weak point on E39 M5's. And you can't deactivate the gizmo's so in manual trans form its really irritating as you want to GO but the car says WHOA lol. Its fine when driving around normally, but when driven hard, it sucks majorily.

I still say get an E39 M5 :awesome:, I've been looking to get an sedan and want V8 and manual trans so don't have many options, S4 is borring and RS4 is not worth the money imo and drives like a heavy pig for such a little car. Love the way the CTS-V drives even slightly over the E39 M5, but found a really sharp S2 M5 that has my attention. Just made another investment and rather not spend the extra cash right now, now I wish I didn't and had bought the car instead lol.

Yeh my bud has the M6 in SMG and was one of the 1st to take delivery of the 6 speed manual M5. All they did was swap the E39 tranny over, which was geared and matched perfectly to the M5's V8, but not matched well with the V10 and the clutch was already a weak point on E39 M5's. And you can't deactivate the gizmo's so in manual trans form its really irritating as you want to GO but the car says WHOA lol. Its fine when driving around normally, but when driven hard, it sucks majorily.

I still say get an E39 M5 :awesome:, I've been looking to get an sedan and want V8 and manual trans so don't have many options, S4 is borring and RS4 is not worth the money imo and drives like a heavy pig for such a little car. Love the way the CTS-V drives even slightly over the E39 M5, but found a really sharp S2 M5 that has my attention. Just made another investment and rather not spend the extra cash right now, now I wish I didn't and had bought the car instead lol.

Have your friend go to the BMW dealer to get his ECU reflashed, now DSC can be disengaged with the new update!

I dont want to hassle with the BMW maint and warranty issues, thats also a reason why Im going with a new one off the lot.

Have your friend go to the BMW dealer to get his ECU reflashed, now DSC can be disengaged with the new update!

I dont want to hassle with the BMW maint and warranty issues, thats also a reason why Im going with a new one off the lot.
Yeh heard about that, he's selling his anyway so not sure if he took it in or not. But the tranny itself just doesn't seem matched well to the engine. I don't know, the E60 just something about it I don't like. The E39 M5 just felt awesome and perfect all around.

To bad bmw don`t have the DSG, it shifts like crazy!!

Back