Pinnacle Liquid Souveran vs Souveran Paste

StangFan25

Reaction score
Decided I'd like to put a coat of wax on my mustang after sealing it. I've decided on one of these two. I'd like to know the differences between the paste and liquid, other than the price :D

With that price tag, I assume the paste would be better? Why?

I'm looking for the best wet gloss look possible. I don't mind having to apply often.

So, positives, negatives, similarities?

Thank you!

If durability isn't an issue, then the paste is the way to go!

I received a 2 oz liquid sample of this about a year ago and I just used it last week and was it amazing. Came off super easy and the car was slick as hell after. Rained a few days and the car sheeted and ran off almost to the point where you couldn't tell it had rained. Im a firm believer in the liquid now that Ive tried it. And I don't think I used half of what I had. Good luck.

AGO forum member PiPUK has posted some very enlightening information regarding Paste vs. Liquid Waxes.

Following are excerpts of some of that information...
With an excellent 'follow-up' by AGO forum member Setec Astronomy:
Like above, pastes and liquid products are based on the same underlying waxes. Really, the big difference is content. The sort of levels of wax in a liquid spray wax are going to be only a couple of percent, maybe even less. You can go higher but then users start having difficulty with things like application speed and getting it on without caking. The other thing you have to remember is that liquid waxes are all emulsified, water based (this is another tough area in terminology - you guys mean a different thing by 'paste' than most formulators!). Those emulsifiers are actually very similar to the things used in wash products so you can quickly see how their presence might degrade the lifetime of the wax, especially if they are mixed in the wax film.

Another thought for you is why you never see really expensive liquid waxes. You see plenty enough super expensive solid waxes - so why aren't there any equivalent liquid products? (I can't actually answer that without offending someone, but you guys might like to ponder it on your own!).

Wow, there's a really interesting point. Was this different back in the old days when you could make a nice solventy product? Back then was it just more solvent in the liquid wax than the paste?
Nowdays there is more difficulty with VOCs and such but the main driving force is cost. Like it or not, detailing products are mainly bulk chemicals with fancy labels so manufacturing cost is key.

If a wax has water in it, it will have to have emulsifiers (wax is basically a fancy 'oil' and we all know that oil and water, alone, do not mix). If it has just solvent, it will probably not need. Having water is actually a modern approach in wax and where you would likely end up if your home brew wax was handed to a wax formulator. The solvent only type blends which most people brew up are really very old fashioned, it surprises me that so many actually end up as products!

Your thoughts?

:)

Bob

They are two completely different formulas and products .... no comparision other than they come from the same line, Pinnacle.

^^^Nice pictures...^^^

But do you have any of where you similarly applied the liquid version of Pinnacle Wax...
At the least: As some means for a "difference-comparison" for OP: StangFan25?

Bob

Yes, thank you. Comparisons would be nice.

Also, simply saying "two different products, no comparison" doesn't really lend any help!

Thanks to those that have posted.

I've used both and can't tell the difference, both look good, easy on, easy off....so up to you if durability isn't an issue.

Thanks for all the posts and suggestions.

After extensive reading and picture viewing, I decided to go with the paste. Ordered before the free pinnacle gift offer expired, so excited to see what I'll get! Also can't wait to see how this wax makes my Kona blue metallic paint pop!

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the posts and suggestions.

After extensive reading and picture viewing, I decided to go with the paste. Ordered before the free pinnacle gift offer expired, so excited to see what I'll get! Also can't wait to see how this wax makes my Kona blue metallic paint pop!

Thanks again!

You are going to be very happy. You really can't go wrong with either one.

I have both, and honestly. I will use the liquid first(new version great durability) then I top it with the paste version. Frankly it's awesome, the final look on the car is great!

Enjoy the paste, a little ones a long way!

I used the older liquid formula. Didn't last worth a tute. Haven't tried the new formula though.

^^^Nice pictures...^^^

But do you have any of where you similarly applied the liquid version of Pinnacle Wax...
At the least: As some means for a "difference-comparison" for OP: StangFan25?

Bob

I don't use liquid waxes only Paste Waxes. That was CG Blacklight with Souveran Paste as final coat.

If the Souveran paste is anything like the Signature paste in composition, a couple of twists of the pad and the wax liquifies right onto it. Removal and buffing couldn't be any easier. I enjoy ease of using the product so much, I'm probably guilty of waxing too often.

Be well, el

pretty much both are really enjoyable products. I know its been said a million times but if you have a black car NOTHING beats the paste wax, not even blackfire blackice. (as long as you dont mind much about durability)

Back