Review - Gyeon CanCoat Evo

did this today on a yukon denali. It was a first time for me using can coat (evo).

Ive watched your video when ya first put it up. But realistically how much product should one go thru on a single application? It was used with autofibers coating saver 1.5x3 inch applicator.

I ask because id say i used a 1/4 of the bottle. And i would only spritz the applicator once and then apply to a section. When it looked and felt as though there was no more product being spead on the surface i would do another spritz. I dont feel i used to much. Then again gyeon made me think i did because they state you could get 10-15 applications outta one bottle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It goes along way. It will flash off fast but you should be able to tell by the surface tension that it is on the surface.

It goes along way. It will flash off fast but you should be able to tell by the surface tension that it is on the surface.

Thanks for the video. I watched the surface when he applied it and it looked the same or slightly heavier as when i did it. Ill try to see about using less product next time.

Yes quickly noticed the fast flash time/ surface tension for when to wipe off.

I however did not get any noticable added slickness to the surface. Might that come after it cures?

I however did not get any noticable added slickness to the surface. Might that come after it cures?

Haven't used the new EVO version yet but typically, CanCoat isn't "slick" like one might think. More coatings today are building that property in it seems but there are still many that are not slick. Some are dare I say a bit grabby. I'll be using EVO this weekend and will report back.

CanCoat is not a slick product. Never was and still isn’t.

Haven't used the new EVO version yet but typically, CanCoat isn't "slick" like one might think. More coatings today are building that property in it seems but there are still many that are not slick. Some are dare I say a bit grabby. I'll be using EVO this weekend and will report back.

This was my experience with it too. CanCoat was never slick, but the beading, sheeting, and self cleaning was some of the best I've ever encountered in any coating. Also really like the way it looked. All of these were more important to me than surface feel.

On the previous version of CanCoat, topping with Cure would make it feel more slick. Not sure if Gyeon's Ceramic Detailer has the same effect or not.

This was my experience with it too. CanCoat was never slick, but the beading, sheeting, and self cleaning was some of the best I've ever encountered in any coating. Also really like the way it looked. All of these were more important to me than surface feel.

On the previous version of CanCoat, topping with Cure would make it feel more slick. Not sure if Gyeon's Ceramic Detailer has the same effect or not.

Yep. I love their SKIN Product in Syncro but have also found putting a layer of CanCoat over top of another coating like Pure or Mohs adds that superhydrophobic property. Slickness after can come from a topper of choice.

Yep. I love their SKIN Product in Syncro but have also found putting a layer of CanCoat over top of another coating like Pure or Mohs adds that superhydrophobic property. Slickness after can come from a topper of choice.

You might not like Skin with in the new Evo kit. It is completely different and does not feel the same. No more slickness from it.

You might not like Skin with in the new Evo kit. It is completely different and does not feel the same. No more slickness from it.

That's a bummer. I bought the 50ML kit to use on some upcoming details including a re-do of my wife's so I can have a long term tester. I can live without the slickness as that can be added with a topper. What I'm looking for is the same 110-115* contact angle the old one had. It was far superior to any of the CarPro offerings. I hope it's still that way.

Anyone have experience with applying Can Coat at 60F?

Gyeon Ceramic Detailer will definitely give it slickness.....not quite Beadmaker slick......but slick just the same

Gyeon Ceramic Detailer will definitely give it slickness.....not quite Beadmaker slick......but slick just the same

I've been real happy with Can Coat. I use 3D One for prep, wipe down with Gyeon Prep then apply using a rectangle pad with internal barrior. Day two on my vehicle I apply a second coat because I can.

My favorite dry aid/topper is 3D Bead it Up.

I've covered 6 vehicles and have enough for 2+ more applications out of one can. When my sprayers finally clogged I ordered some cheap, small pump bottles off Amazon that work great.

I'm temped to try Mohs but I'm happy to go over my vehicles again yearly for driveway therapy and the cost of application is cheap at $6.25 ($50 sale price divided by 8 applications)

Back