Just tried Griot’s Garage Ceramic Tire Dressing

joebruin77

Reaction score
I just tried Griot’s Garage Ceramic Tire Dressing for the first time and I really like it. It is a bit more viscous than I thought it would be, and that’s a good thing. When I sprayed it on my applicator, it was easy to control the flow and placement of the product. The dressing spread easily, thoroughly, and quickly over the tire. It darkened the tire and added a bit of gloss, but is not overly shiny. To me, the look is just right. And the dressing smells good too.

I had been using Chemical Guys VRP, but wanted a dressing with some ceramic in it. I am curious to see if the GG lasts longer than VRP.

I definitely give the GG Ceramic Tire Dressing a big thumbs up.

View attachment 76870View attachment 76871

I had to try some too - I put 4 different tire treatments on after scrubbing new tires on June 17. At this point in time the Griot's Ceramic looks the best, followed pretty closely by my old standby TufShine. The Chem Guys VRP and the 303 brands are sadly lagging

Has anyone compared it to Adam's Graphene,Carpro Darkside or 253? I've heard allot of buzz lately about the Griot's!

The Griots is easier to apply for sure. DarkSide is tacky but does last a little longer.

I like the look of a freshly dressed tire so the Griots looks solid for 2 weeks, DarkSide 3 weeks.

Product is still there and repelling water. Tire still looks “clean” at that point but not dressed to my liking.

I haven’t really got any longer than this on any dressing and even coatings looked like needed a topping at 4-6 weeks.

Keep in mind these are 30 series tires so when the edges get scuffed it looks worse due to the small side wall.

When the tire is taller the scuffed edge looks more minimal as there is a lot more tire that still looks good.

Probably done with coatings and due to ease of application will stick with the griots. Don’t mind doing tires every 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone compared it to Adam's Graphene,Carpro Darkside or 253? I've heard allot of buzz lately about the Griot's!

I have always liked the look of #253. And never had any issues with it. I apply it with a flagged tipped brush. I just wanted to try the Griots. I have several bottles of #253 in back stock. Still my Favorite.

I did a tire with 253 and the rest with the Griot's last time. We got 6 inches of rain later that day so the durability on both took a hit.

Griot's after application
b42210f41dc53536883bb7298a2e5999.jpg

DG253 after application
9b661aa5deb8f02ea4fbea7c5186737c.jpg

Griot's next day
ee6a2402c2ccb159deecaeb234080eeb.jpg

DG253 next day
2476a3dee88b491755b84dcc1daf1bc1.jpg

Hope to get a drier comparison next time.

Last edited:
I considered Darkside, but I really prefer a water-based dressing. I believe Darkside is a solvent-based dressing.

I did a tire with 253 and the rest with the Griot's last time. We got 6 inches of rain later that day so the durability on both took a hit.

Griot's after application
b42210f41dc53536883bb7298a2e5999.jpg

DG253 after application
9b661aa5deb8f02ea4fbea7c5186737c.jpg

Griot's next day
ee6a2402c2ccb159deecaeb234080eeb.jpg

DG253 next day
2476a3dee88b491755b84dcc1daf1bc1.jpg

Hope to get a drier comparison next time.

I like the next day look better, less gloss.

I think someone did one here recently. It was a great review. DFB maybe?

Rain seems to wipe out all the water based dressings.

I've actually had more trouble with the tire gels like Optimum and a couple of the sealant based. They never seem to penetrate the rubber very well and wash off with little/no effort. Morning dew would wash away Optimum Tire Gel. The water based ones seem to penetrate the rubber a bit better and hang around longer.

I bought a bottle of the Griots on a whim when I visited their store in Tacoma. I've only had a chance to use it one and the application was half-hearted due to time. So far durability has been really good and I like the look. I was afraid it would be too shiny for me, but it settled down as it dried to a nice, dark, satin look.

To sum it up, I love the looks and application of #253. But love the durability of the Griots. Can't go wrong with either of them.

It has been about 15 days since I first applied the GG Ceramic Tire Dressing. The tires still look really good. Although some of the gloss or shine has lessened, the tires still look black and rich. When I used Chemical Guys VRP, the rich black look would start to fade after about a week. The Griots Garage Ceramic Tire Dressing definitely seems more durable. So far this is the best durability I have gotten from a water-based dressing. This pic was taken today.

(Sorry if the pic appears sideways - I can't figure out how to rotate it. If you click on the pic, it should be the right orientation).

View attachment 76908

I'm running a test of this too. I just applied it to the tires on my wife's car yesterday. This morning the roads are really wet/puddled from rain, so it should be an interesting start to the test. I do like the "new tire" look it gives, not shiny like I feared.

My only complaint is the thickness. If it was a touch thinner I think it would make application much easier.

According to what I'm seeing after heavy rain, it seems to Adams Graphene tire dressing outlast the Turtle Wax acrylic graphene tire dressing. It holds it's look longer.

I am always looking for the next best tire dressing and tried the Griots Ceramic Tire dressing. I made sure that I started with a thoroughly clean tire and applied two coats. I am pleased with the look and how long it has been lasting. Even after driving through the rain, the tires stayed black and shiny. I tried cleaning the tires and the cleaner and water beaded right off.

Back