Does Solution Finish Dry to the Touch?

expdetailing

Reaction score
I'm looking to dye faded black plastic, which appears gray, back to black. My question is, how well will Solution Finish resist transferring itself to your skin, as in, using it on a driver's door handle?
I ask because I had a bottle of unopened Solution Finish, but left it out during the last winter, and it froze. Upon trying to use it, it didn't dry after 24 hours. I'm guessing, if i had not let it freeze, then it would have dried.

Can anyone with experience using Solution Finish give me some feedback please? I'm wondering if Solution Finish dries on porous plastics, but takes much longer to dry on smoother plastics?

TIA.

SF still needs to be leveled to remove any excess. It does not dry completely.

I'm looking to dye faded black plastic, which appears gray, back to black. My question is, how well will Solution Finish resist transferring itself to your skin, as in, using it on a driver's door handle?
I ask because I had a bottle of unopened Solution Finish, but left it out during the last winter, and it froze. Upon trying to use it, it didn't dry after 24 hours. I'm guessing, if i had not let it freeze, then it would have dried.

Can anyone with experience using Solution Finish give me some feedback please? I'm wondering if Solution Finish dries on porous plastics, but takes much longer to dry on smoother plastics?

TIA.

Apply SF level and it will dry to the touch.

Why? The excess can be wiped off after a few minutes.

Oh, good thing I came back to check this thread; I thought you meant SF will never dry to the touch, even if wiped. So, I saw using it on places where skin will touch would be a bad idea.

Back