Full paint motorhome polish

Rushrush1

Reaction score
I have a Newmar coach with full paint in good condition. I used my boats marine 31 all in one on it and it did ok. I’m wondering if there is a better product for shine and protection on paint since marine 31 is intended for gel coat. I read the sticky and I am just wondering what the latest product you recommend. Thanks

I'd recommend Gyeon Can Coat ceramic for one year+ of protection. A $59 can is 200ml which is enough to cover your coach. Easy application!

If you're gonna prep it (recommended), 3D One is made for a ceramic prep.

For all in one 3D speed. I would personally polish and coat separately. The aforementioned CanCoat Evo would be a good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Newmar coach with full paint in good condition. I used my boats marine 31 all in one on it and it did ok. I’m wondering if there is a better product for shine and protection on paint since marine 31 is intended for gel coat. I read the sticky and I am just wondering what the latest product you recommend. Thanks
First and formost, how is your motorhome stored?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

First and formost, how is your motorhome stored?

Stored indoor most of the summer, spends 4 to 6 months on the road in the winter

I did my last 43' diesel pusher with 3D Speed and a topper of 3D Poxy and while it is a quick way to get around a coach with minimal paint issues it doesn't last, especially if you wash your rig with any method other than a 2 bucket style wash

Bite the bullet and do a one step polish with an appropriate polish and pad combo and as others suggested, use a "can coat" style product to finish it off

Stored indoor most of the summer, spends 4 to 6 months on the road in the winter
Does it get washed while on the road in the winter? If so is hand wash or just sprayed off at some type of self serve coin op. I think these are important questions. Before recommending a certain type of protection. If the thing is not hand washed/ cared for regularly while on the road...personally i dont think its work it to take the extra time to apply can coat, cuz it probly aint gonna last if not maintained.

On this one I did 3D One on wool and then 3D Speed on foam.

This was black though. Any other color you could probably get away with 3D Speed on wool with forced orbital. Regular DA will work, but will just take longer.

29e380c8d427ce75a80495c1786275fd.jpg

1ff6ff174b4f28c049c7f24dc171bb96.jpg

4dfbd0ecd299f35d08aee040f36a0cfa.jpg

01c422b3681c69d22a09e9a821296249.jpg

Does it get washed while on the road in the winter? If so is hand wash or just sprayed off at some type of self serve coin op. I think these are important questions. Before recommending a certain type of protection. If the thing is not hand washed/ cared for regularly while on the road...personally i dont think its work it to take the extra time to apply can coat, cuz it probly aint gonna last if not maintained.

I hand wash when rv park allows.

On this one I did 3D One on wool and then 3D Speed on foam.

This was black though. Any other color you could probably get away with 3D Speed on wool with forced orbital. Regular DA will work, but will just take longer.

29e380c8d427ce75a80495c1786275fd.jpg

1ff6ff174b4f28c049c7f24dc171bb96.jpg

4dfbd0ecd299f35d08aee040f36a0cfa.jpg

01c422b3681c69d22a09e9a821296249.jpg

That tape line before and after looks alot like my finish. I have a rupes forced rotation polisher and would be quite happy with those results. I guess I would need to invest in some wool to get those results. Thanks for the reply

I guess I would need to invest in some wool to get those results. Thanks for the reply

I’d start with orange pads. There was a recent post showing a wool polished motorhome that was pretty ugly.

Lake country force hybrid wool pads on a flex 3401 will leave it looking good. There may be micro marring that you could see only with your nose in the paint and a light on it. On a job that size you sometimes need to say ‘good enough’.

Use Speed 6 with no down pressure.

I went foam with speed to finish because that customer was paying me big bucks on that job.

If it were DIY I may not have.

Back