autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

EXO over Black Label??

I recently received my black label. Watching videos on the product it seems the water beading on the EXO (which I have used) is much better. I was wondering if anyone has put EXO over the Black Label Paint Coating? From what I have read it sounds like the BL has more scratch resistance than the EXO.

Two questions. Is the beading as good with the BL as with the EXO and it just isn't showing in the videos??

If I do put the EXO over BL would you recommend 24 hours between the two applications or 3-4 like applying it over CQuartz??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: EXO over Black Label??

Really?? No one has tried this combo yet??

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems counterintuitive to me, 2 totally different chemical formulas. From my experience with PBL coating, you don't need anything over it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Dear,

I understand your question. Although I don't have the answer for it, and generally would agree with answer above (anything over it), I'm doing some tests on this field.

Nothing 'scientifically', but I'm playing with coating layers on some parts of my own car, even applying Wheel and Glass coating to portions of paint.

Away from that, I'm coating some test parts with layers of paint coating first, followed by Glass coating (which states to improve chip resistance), or wheel coating followed by Glass coating, etc.

Will I benefit from this? Maybe I would never be able to know for sure, but I'm doing observations on structure behavior (mainly water sheeting, beading, and easiness of cleaning), and I feel there may be some specific uses for this layering.

I plentiful encourage you to test a spot (why not do it in your front bumper), then you can observe how (if) different it behaves from the rest.

I even can't compare beading with Exo I've never used, but I can say PBL coating I've seen is insane, even my DD coated since november still beads like the day I applied the coating. I also do a lot of maintenance washes on PBL coated vehicles I've worked on, and coating properties in action always impress me.

The only con I'm seeing on my coating is that it feels 'dirty' after 'all this time', so I can't wait to have some time to rejuvenate it. My approach will be wash / clay and PBL Cleansing polish over it for a thorough cleansing.

See, the part tests I've told you I'm doing above (which may look useless), guided me through this approach.

I've noticed that PBL cleansing polish cleans very well and fully rejuvenates the coating.

Hope I've helped,

Sorry if sound confuse, but I've tried to share many ideas simultaneously so you can get a better view from my point. Ask if you need some clearance.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Really?? No one has tried this combo yet??
    I'm not going to spend ~$150.00, just to see if the "inorganic element" of Exo will
    actually form a "bond" with a particular substrate---Black Label P.C., in this scenario.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Super Member antti@561detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont
    561 Car Detailing Gtechniq Accredited Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

well, a lot of you folks try EXO over C1 says it's the "cat's meow", so, is there a really huge differences ingredient-wise between C1, and Pinn GL Coating ? Are they both "nano" ceramics?

Note that catchy phrase, "nano", is it mearly a term to lighten your wallets?

Post Thanks / Like

Or another, CQuartz, with Reload on top? Actually, can somebody tell us-me here what is basically in Reload?

Might it possess similar qualities to Pinnacle's own coating rejuvenator product?

So, Maybe EXO over whatever (coating-wise) is not a foul?

I gather Dave didn't go out of his way to purchase any of these specific products to try them in such an order by some mad scientific experimentation, he's got them on hand, and probably another wharehouse full of AG products.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a hypothetical scenario, instead of topping Pinnacle's GL Coating with Synergy, what if we top it with Collinite #476?

Now Synergy has been claimed to last (as far as I have heard recently) 5-6 months?

Now how about Colly #476? They proclaim a detergent-proof wax that will last a year. Is there any harm-foul in such?

Yes, I know, some qualities of the coating "might" be lost. Note how I say "Might". Maybe some qualities could also be enhanced?

I would think, that if many of these coatings are so durable, and resistant to harsh cleaners, the environment, etc, that such a product as any Carnauba that would be topped shouldn't effect such durable coating's durability? Or no?

At worst, perhaps such waxes as Colly #476 won't last as long as they should, because of a loss of proper bonding-adherence to the paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Sort of unrelated but I emailed Gtechniq and they said Exo v2 would work fine over CarPro Cquartz UK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast