Covers for backseat vents?

acuRAS82

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips for hot to save the backseat vents from the barrage of kicks and mud-smearing that my 3 year old attacks with?

I don’t find anything made for this purpose online, but figured maybe so e forum folks have rigged something up that can at least take the brunt of the foot beatings?? It could really improve the relationship between my son and I (which is already great, but, ya know...).

View attachment 68435

I've only seen backseat protectors, but nothing for the back of a center console. Maybe take a small rectangle cardboard box and cut the top & bottom off and then cut the box in half so it's just a big "U" shape. Tuck the two sides in between the seat and console. It would be a cheap easy fix and when it gets dirty just toss it and make a new one.

Maybe take a small rectangle cardboard box
and cut the top & bottom off and then cut the
box in half so it's just a big “U" shape. Tuck the
two sides in between the seat and console.

It would be a cheap easy fix and when it gets
dirty just toss it and make a new one.
Qualifies as one of the:
“Top Ten Redneck Fixes”.

Whur ya frum...
Pennsyltucky or sumthin?

:)

Bob

If you could get your hands on some of the protective film that they use for protecting parts during assembly and transportation, that would work. Problem would be getting the film in a small quantity for individual use. ABI and 3M are the principle sources to the auto industry for this stuff.

How about a thick towel folded length-wise?

And, you can pick the color....... :)

...beatings??
Beatings. Did someone say beatings?

acc.gif

It could really improve the relationship between my
son and I (which is already great, but, ya know...).
It’s possible; but really can’t make
any promises of that sort.

Bob

Qualifies as one of the:
“Top Ten Redneck Fixes”.

Whur ya frum...
Pennsyltucky or sumthin?

:)

Bob

Haha! Nope, I'm from Long Island New York, but I moved down to West Palm Beach, FL in 1998.

Thanks guys for caring enough about my problem to give your thoughts!

In the near term, I’m going to try the box and/or towel idea (possibly both at once). This should at least get me through the winter and hopefully some day he will start to understand my pleading and give me a break.

Any additional ideas are still always welcome. Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Make him walk?

I second the PPF idea on the interior console. I may do that in my car as I have a 2 year old (may as well get ahead of the curve).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Covers for vents. Sold in 4 meter length. You cut to size.

981a96f9a684be056916dfc95773144f.jpg

Before

ff68eb8d146bd0818833dd72b80ef3f8.jpg

After

e28fae822aec1c32c29b24b745251b57.jpg

Back