The Wolfgang Twins - Picture with Links

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike Phillips
  • Start date Start date
Just made a small order from AGO, and I thought this thread needed more pics... Here's the things I just added/re-added to my arson.

I'm stoked to trade in the twins... I was going to go with 105/205 from megs, but this just seemed to awesome to pass up. I've been using Adam's/Chemical guys, which are fine, but I'm really excited for this.

this looks like an awesome combo, i need something bad for my black c6 vette and a noob.

might have to hold on the final wax though due to funds... and my wife :(

Question... Do you have to use a DA to apply TSR? I don't have a DA yet and wondered if I can apply by hand?

Question... Do you have to use a DA to apply TSR? I don't have a DA yet and wondered if I can apply by hand?

Yeah man, unless you want your arms to fall off??? Invest in a DA, you'll thank yourself:xyxthumbs:

Yeah man, unless you want your arms to fall off??? Invest in a DA, you'll thank yourself:xyxthumbs:

I did this by hand...

Removing Scratches By Hand

I induced straightline scratches by hand, then ran a tape line across the paint, then worked the scratches out by hand using Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover, (4 well worked applications), followed by Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, (2 gentle applications), then striped with 17% IPA

ByHand01.jpg

ByHand02.jpg

ByHand04.jpg

I try to do all my work by machine but there are some places a buffing pad on a machine can't get to or it's risky.

:)

Has anyone tried the twins using MF discs yet or this a strictly foam type product?

I did this by hand...

Dang, well there ya go, straight form the horses mouth! So ignore everything I said, but I do think you'll do some wear and tear on the biceps and triceps! Either way good luck and let us know how it turns out!:dblthumb2: Having done everything by hand until the past year and a half, be ready for some hard work! Either way have fun, thats what it's about in the end, having funa dn doing what makes you happy! :)

Since the twins are made by Menzerna, which Menzerna products do they closely represent?

Supposed to be similar to IF 1500 and SF 4000 which makes them an excellent combo for must projects.

Menzerna - New Names and Product Numbers

Menzerna has introduced all new labels and product names for identifying their products. I know it's easy to stick with what you know and change can be hard but the new product names and identifying numbers are here to stay so might as well make the switch when talking and typing about them..

NewMenzernaLabels001.jpg

Has anyone tried the twins using MF discs yet or this a strictly foam type product?

I have on my black test panels which use a PPG basecoat/clearcoat finish and the fibers of the pad left micro-marring. Switched back to a foam pad and used the same products and they easily removed the micro-marring.

That's why I tell people that fiber pads tend to cut better but foam pads tend to finish better but the only way to REALLY see and know for yourself is to test on black paint.

I have been noticing the same with my megs MF da kit with having to finish it out with po85rd. I am gonna pick these up and the new sonax nanos in the near future. Gonna go back to foam

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have been noticing the same with my megs MF da kit with having to finish it out with po85rd. I am gonna pick these up and the new sonax nanos in the near future. Gonna go back to foam

All has to do with individual fibers being pushed over the paint versus a uniform, consistent surface.

All has to do with individual fibers being pushed over the paint versus a uniform, consistent surface.

It makes perfect sense honestly Mike. While I have loved the cut I get with the MF pads I just hate having to go back over work to finish it down to the surface I typically would get from foams the first time.

Just made a small order from AGO, and I thought this thread needed more pics... Here's the things I just added/re-added to my arson.

I'm stoked to trade in the twins... I was going to go with 105/205 from megs, but this just seemed to awesome to pass up. I've been using Adam's/Chemical guys, which are fine, but I'm really excited for this.

Is this stuff sitting on the roof of a car ???? Ouch if so.

Question:

How critical is the application of the finishing glaze? Ive applied it like wax in a fast cross hatch pattern, 2 section passes. I also applied it with a blue pad as I used the wht pad to cut with the swirl remover. Do I need to take my time and apply the glaze as I did with the swirl remover? Do I need to cut with the glaze as well?

It's not really a glaze it's fine polish, not sure what you mean by cut the glaze.

You need to treat the finish glaze as a polish even know it's called 'glaze'. Essentially wg fg is a finishing polish to enhance clarity and to refine the prior stage. Knowing that you need to work in the product into the paint. The abrasives with the finish glaze need to break down or you are basically wasting your time wiping it around.

Well I messed that up. I even watched Mike on youtube use the duo on a Lexus. Is the blue pad fine to work it in? Thanks.

Well I messed that up. I even watched Mike on youtube use the duo on a Lexus. Is the blue pad fine to work it in? Thanks.

Your car and the paint will tell you that. Most folks, probably use a gray/black finishing pad.

Back