Is there a pad for buffing dry(without product) after a spray-on/wipe-off wax?

porkchopexpress

Reaction score
Brace yourselves, gentlemen. After doing much research on this site, I realize my question may offend some of you and possibly drive others into fits of laughter, but is there some sort of pad that is gentle enough to add a little more shine and/or remove any little residue that might remain after a simple spray-on/wipe off wax application? Or maybe I should say to use as the "wipe-off" action.

Thank you in advance,
porkchopexpress

Last edited:
Brace yourselves, gentlemen. After doing much research on this site, I realize my question may offend some of you and possibly drive others into fits of laughter, but is there some sort of pad that is gentle enough to add a little more shine and/or remove any little residue that might remain after a simple spray-on/wipe off wax application?

Thank you in advance,
porkchopexpress
Are you speaking of a buffing pad that you can put on your DA? If it is, yes there are reversible mf bonnets that fit over a compound pad.

IMO you can't do better than using a good quality mf towel for a final wipe.

Its a waste of money and time. Just use a quality MF towel, that is what Spray wax was designed for.

For a short throw DA (Porter Cable, GG6, etc.) you can put a soft pad on and select a low speed (1-2). Then place a thick MF towel on the surface and place the polisher over it, and have the polisher move the towel - it really just jiggles the towel.

Yes, Rsurfer, I am speaking of a buffer pad to put on a DA. I'll try out a MF bonnet. Thanks!

Brace yourselves, gentlemen. After doing much research on this site, I realize my question may offend some of you and possibly drive others into fits of laughter, but is there some sort of pad that is gentle enough to add a little more shine and/or remove any little residue that might remain after a simple spray-on/wipe off wax application? Or maybe I should say to use as the "wipe-off" action.

Thank you in advance,
porkchopexpress
View attachment 71739

Back